"Retire Ronald"campaign

"ronald mcdonald is pied piper drawing youngster all over the world to food that is high in calories, fats and sodium. on the surface, ronald is their to give children enjoyment in all sorts of way with toys, games and food. but mcdonald is dangerous, sending insidious messages to young people" i agree that fast foods are really unhealthy if you consume it daily. not only it is high on junks(calories, fats, sodium...etc) but it is also doesn't fit our budget but should parents' discretion prevail over this dilemma? should ronald mcdonald retire? should he need a new look? or should fast foods overhaul their ingredients in food preparation?
I agree that Ronald McDonald needs to be retired, but none of the reasons that you've given are reason that I think he needs to go. I think that Ronald needs to go because in this age of all the child predators that are out there, Ronald McDonald reminds me of a predator because he is a grown man playing with the children while dressed up like a clown. In addition to this, I think that Happy Meals would be successful without Ronald McDonald.
got your point dorann, i guess kids, like mine, are rather interested with toys even without ronald. my child doesn't really care about the mascot a lot, she's not so choosy as long as it's spaghetti and she likes the toy
Personally I think it's pretty much stupid that people are acutally trying to petition the "retirement" of a fictional character over child hood obesity. Yes McDonalds and just about every other fast food place out there is high in fat, calories, and what not but it's not a fictional characater that is causing people and children to be obese. that's like the lady who sued McDonalds for spilling hot coffee ON HER SELF. really?? whether rondald mcdonald is here or not people are going to eat and feed their children whatever they want. putting a fictional character into "retirment" isn't going to magically solve the problem of obesity. It's basically on the parents that need to change what they are doing. if mcdonalds didn't have the "healthier" options for kids then ok i guess but it's again on the parents to be a little more consious (spell check) of what they are feeding there children and if they are instilling good eating habits or not i'm sorry but I think it's a waste of time and energy to be trying to petition something like this. you want to change childhood obesity then instill those good eating habits early on and get them active and cut down on the video games. of course my opinion. it's just dumb.
i do very much agree with what you said. ronald shouldn't be blame for anyone's obesity or bad eating habit.
hehe...not only he should retire, but his successor should be a bit more hip, hop and happening too!
@bubbletush (1334)
people are more comfortable looking for someone else to point finger to and in this case it's ronald. fast foods are unhealthy but it is just a matter of consuming these greasy food in moderation. i'm not a big fan though of how ronald mcdonald looks like. some children find him scary. he is not as adorable as jollibee i hope they will consider creating a more children appealing mascot.
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
how can you make the kids not eat the junk foods.. those multimilionnaires are just getting richer with our kids temptations
@o0jopak0o (6406)
well, i think they will not, ronald mcdonald is an icon of a brand and if they change that it will not be the same. i agree that fast foods are not healthy but it is not entirely their fault that you are eating there.