How often do you have a haircut ?

I am forced to have a hair cut every two months . In India , schools force students to have a clean and close hair and boys are not allowed to grow long hair and not even a millimeter meter more than 5cm . So I go to get a haircut done every 2 months . So what I feel is that educational institutions are poking their noses into the individual rights of a person . They can't force students to have a haircut . Hair is a part of a person's body and it is he who has to decide about it . And all this happens only in India . The school administration is doing all this in the name of keeping the school disciplined . And the girls are not forced to do anythings like that . In fact they are encouraged to grow long hair . But why this discrimination only towards boys ? So what do you have to say about this ? Does this happen in your school ? Please share your experience !
@mtvmtv (600)
Hi, Yes in india it is a trend that girls should keep their hair long while the boys must have short hair.Not only in the school but in the family also.Even parents would not allow the boys to keep long hair.
I don't understand why people still run behind those useless old traditions .
@grayxenon (1306)
it is normally to enforce haircut in learning institution to entail discipline, military academy also do it for same reason, like you i also hate the school for dictating generic haircut as i see them stupendous. but i learn to obey as i found out that it is necessary to make us uniformly alike to avoid intimidation from each other's fashion, now that i am out of school (graduated) i see to it to cut my hair on regular basis as part of my grooming..usually 2x a month..as i don't look good on having long hair.
Nor do I like having long hair but I feel that schools should interfere in matters like these .
@o0jopak0o (6406)
well when im in highschool once a month because it is mandatory to have a clean cut always. my highschool is strict. In college there is also a mandatory lenght for boys but usually less regulated unless your prof will say something like: "long hair = no test" there was a time when im in college that i havent cut my hair for months and a lot of the profs are noticing it so i have no choice but to cut it.
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I really don't cut my hair very often at all. I'll cut my hair when I feel that my hair needs a haircut, but that's pretty much it. That's really where it ends.
@Jaluke (677)
As you can probably tell from my avatar, my hair is pretty long. I tend to get it trimmed once every few months. The last time I got it cut was at the beginning of march and that was simply trimming up the back of it a little bit to clean it up. It wasn't a full trim.
@xeroeight (1061)
it also happen in our school here in the Philippines, But now that I'm not studying anymore Its my decision when will I get a hair cut,