A political nightmare.

Okay, I am heading offline now, to tackle the real world, but will be back on in a few weeks to get to all outstanding messages and discussions. I had a nightmare the other day. I dreamed that TIME, itself, was privatized. I know most of you would think my nightmare would have something to do with Sarah Palin's cross pollination with the tea party, but, I fear free enterprise and corporate power equally as much as I do idiotic candidates. What is your political nightmare? I know some of you Obama-haters will say you are living through it, but, I am sure we will get some diverse answers. Okay, enjoy ... I look forward to the responses.
@spalladino (17925)
Hi Ladybug! Actually, my nightmare is that the member I've been having a discussion with over the drawing of the prophet muhammad would somehow be able to bastardize our Constitution to fit his view of the world. If he knew that he was debating with a woman he'd probably be very upset. My other nightmare would be Sarah Palin somehow sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office and being in the position of making important decisions.
@Taskr36 (13925)
I'm sure it won't surprise you that my nightmare is your utopia. My nightmare is where the government decides it knows what is best for us and takes away our choice of how we live our lives and how we raise our children. It's living in a world where the government decides what foods we can and can't eat, how we can and can't raise our children, what we can and can't drive, what we wear, listen to, read etc. My nightmare is where I can no longer choose how my child learns about the world, but rather I am forced to have him in a school, where a political agenda determines his lesson plan. I especially fear him ever going to a school that has him sing songs of worship to a political figure, as some schools have done regarding Obama. Part of my nightmare already happens in some parts of this country. In a Texas school a boy was suspended for wearing rosary beads. In a California school, on the other hand, children were actually taught to be Muslims, taking Muslim names, reading from the Quran, praying and being told that if they praise Allah they will prosper, etc. My nightmare involves a world that tries so hard to equalize everyone that it attacks those deemed better off than others. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/education&id=3553898 http://www.kens5.com/news/Texas-City-student-banned-from-wearing-cross-necklace-93861749.html
@anniepa (27238)
I could really give a very long, detailed response here but instead, at least for the time being, I'll try to sum it up. My nightmare is that those who have been calling to "take our country back" will get their way and take us WAY back instead of taking it FORWARD. My nightmare is that much of the progress we've made in the last century will be erased in the first quarter of this one. We'll get the "small government" the tea party gang craves meaning corporations and banks running roughshod over the consumers with little or no regulations. I see worker safety and safe food and water as a thing of the past. I see all our children being taught what the Texas conservatives want them to be taught. I see a return to blatant discrimination. My nightmare has reached that terrifying point where I'm about to fall off a cliff so I'll stop for now but I'm sure I'll remember it well enough to discuss it further if anyone wants to! But wait, there's more I have to share...I'm seeing a combination of the trailer for "2012" and news reports about President Palin. Now she's giving a speech in a strange language and a very annoying voice...my ears are ringing...NNNOOOOO!!! Annie