I Love Oatmeal

This morning! we are having Oatmeal and toast, but I am going to be a goooooooood girl and not used butter and brown-sugar on it. Instead low fat milk and very little sugar. How to you like your Oatmeal? Snow
@jillhill (37383)
I like mine with brown sugar and nuts...and just a little milk....I eat oatmeal alot..
It is too hot to eat oatmeal right now, for me. I will eat Cheerios instead.
Hi jilllhill & GardenGerty I also like brown sugar however I have never used nuts. That something new to try. Up until a year ago I would put milk on my oatmeal because I used butter and now I have milk with it. GardenGerty, I like cheerios or corn flaks as well. Thanks to you both stopping by and I enjoyed our little chat. Take care Snow
@missybear (11396)
I'm not a big oatmeal fan but when I do eat it i like the brown sugar on it. I just had Biscuits and Gravy and it was yummy
Hi missybear Now you went in done it - you had to mention BISCUITS and GRAVY which just happens to be my old time favorite dish i can eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. All of a sudden oatmeal just doesn't sound as good as it did before. (just jocking) Thanks for stopping by and I enjoyed our little chat. Snow
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I like the Brown Sugar Cinnamon kind with just hot water. I don't think I ever used milk.
Hi SomeCowgirl Up until a year or so I never used milk because it used to be brown sugar and butter. Thanks for stopping by Snow
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
You know I don't think I knew you could use milk for awhile! I forget when I realized this but when it was made for me, it was with water, when I made it, it was with water.
@Jaluke (677)
Honestly, I'm not a big oatmeal fan. I don't mind it, but when I have to eat it, I can normally only prepare a small serving of it and it needs to have flavor like cinnamon and brown sugar. It's just not something I'm crazy about to have in a serving that isn't small. I'd much rather eat Grits than oatmeal. It's just a preference.
Hi Jaluke Grits is also good for breakfast. What do you put on your Grits? Thanks for stopping by Snow
@debsgw (256)
Hi Snow, I love my oatmeal with low fat milk and honey - I think it's one of the best ways to start the day though it has been too warm here for the past few days to eat a hot breakfast :)
Hi debsgw Sounds delicious. When I have a bowl of oatmeal I seem that to get so hungry during the mid morning. It's been kind of cool were I live but when it starts getting warmer it will be corn flask for breakfast. Thanks for stopping by Snow
@crazydaisy (3899)
I like it with maple and brown sugar I go t really sweet tooth and milk yummy cd
Hi CD Sounds delicious and I also have a sweet tooth. Thanks for stopping by! Take care Snow
@mspitot (3833)
i like it with cocoa powder and very little sugar....it adds twist.
Hi mspitot It would be a twist. it would something new to try. Thanks for the tip. Thanks for stopping by Snow
I have not been eating oatmeal like I should. I will use stevia, or honey, or maple syrup if I am trying to be good when I sweeten it. Peanut butter is yummy stirred in, and some sweetener. Pumpkin and cinnamon is wonderful, just a tablespoon full or so. I will put any kind of nuts or dried fruit in and really do enjoy it. I use 1% milk.
Hi GardenGerty I have never put peanut butter or syrup into my oatmeal. sounds delicious. Thanks for stopping by and take care Snow
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I have never liked oats. Wish i did because they are very good for u. I use to cook them for my sons but i never ate them. Happy sunday to u.
Hi ANTIQUELADY That's good that you made it for your son. Thanks for stopping by and as always I enjoyed reading your reply. Take care Snow
snowgueen I love oatmeal the way I make it with walnuts and raisins in it and some equal in it as I am a diabetic and must watch the carbs sp ecially the sugar carbs. the way I make it it is really good but here in Gold Crest retirement center they add nothing and it looks revoltingly like the paste we used to use in grade school and tastes as bad as it looks. I like oatmeal the way I used to make it.
Hi Hatley, The way you make oatmeal such sounds delicious. I have put raisins but never walnuts. I will have to give it a try one of these days. I know what you mean, because I used to work in a nursing home and I really don't know how those dear people could eat it. I enjoyed our little chat. Take care and have a wonderful day Snow
@jinky2012 (438)
i love oatmeal. I used to eat especially breakfast.i will just put milo unto it and then banana..mmmm,yummy!
I love oatmeal. I love having it with slices of banana for its natural sweet taste. I have not tried putting brown sugar on it because most of the time, I consumed oatmeal for dieting, so I thought that putting sugar on it will only add to my sugar level consumption. But it sounds interesting. There are available oatmeal in our local market which has already flavor incorporated on it. I have tried the milk and chocolate variety and I find it very nice. I am into exploring other toppings which I can add to my oatmeal so as not to bore myself with the usual stuff I put on it.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, snowqueen20082. I love my oatmeal made with milk and fruit bits. I love the oatmeal that is out of the box that taste like fruits.
@BART78 (2932)
when i comes to oats i prefer rolled oats or wheat brand, i prepare them buy just adding hot water, dried fruits, teaspoon of muscavado sugar (organic sugar) and with hardboiled egg and hot cup of coffee..aahh!! rise and shine!