Do You Remember etch a sketch

I used to play it a lot when I was a kid and now I can draw again because I found a site that you can play for free. Therefore, when ever I need a break I go and play on my etch a sketch. I know, I am a kid at heart. Do You Remember Etch A Sketch? Did you used it? http://www.megafungames.com/games/etch_a_sketch/aff.php Enjoy Snow
@angelajoy (1839)
I had this toy when I was young, but I wasn't very good at using it, so I didn't enjoy it much. I could never figure out how to draw there. I'm lousy too when I draw using paper and pencil. I guess I just don't have talent for drawing. I so envy people who can draw well.
@karen1969 (1788)
It is probably better to draw on paper anyway really, as you can then keep anything you create. It was sad if you created a wonderful picture on the Etch-a-Sketch but knew it wouldn't last!
Hi angelajoy I was not good at it either and I sure can not draw. It's a nice memories. Take care Snow
@sallyj (1228)
Of course i do. They were made about 30 miles from my house. I did not use one much, as i seemed to have more to do that was a permanent project. It is sad to pass the factory, as it is barely running.
Hi Sallyj WOW! I hope this is not a silly question, but are they still in business? I enjoyed our little chat. Take care Snow
@sallyj (1228)
Yes, i think so. They had several buildings and other manufacturing has taken up part of that. But i have not heard of them completely closing. Some of there manufacturing is being done in other than the US. Ask anytime you are not sure. Thanks Sally
I remember Etch a Sketch. I used to play with one too when I was younger. My mom actually bought one for my son for Christmas. His is a new kind though. It doesn't have the 2 knobs on it. It has one knob in the center. He likes playing with it.
Hi sweetgirl_k1 That is interesting. I have not seen the new ones. Thanks for stopping by. Take care Snow
I personally haven't seen one of these in years! Do they still sell them? I remember how I used to have so much fun playing with it, as a child of course! I remember it being the latest must have toy at the time when it first came out on the market. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with returning to your childhood as an adult, I'm sure that this is very healthy. I'm more into computer games now and games consoles! Andrew
Hi AndrewFreyne Yes they were, and all of my friends had one. Thanks for stopping by Snow
@karen1969 (1788)
Yes, I used to have an Etch-a-Sketch as a kid in the 1980s and I enjoyed playing with them and creating all sorts of pictures. I think in the end, it went a bit funny, grainy or something weird inside and it had to be thrown away.
Hi karen1969 That's what happen to mine and it broke my heart, because I was determined that I was going to draw something and I never did Thanks for stopping by. Take care Snow
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
no havent ever played this game i dont know what you are talking about
@sender621 (14956)
I have fond memries of etch a sketch. i had one of these as a child. I spent countless hours drawing pictures with it. It was a good way to express creativity and have fun at the same time.
Hi sender621 Yes, it was and it was my friend when we went on vacation. Take care Snow
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I do remember them, my kids had them when they were small.I still see them in stores. They have been around a long time.
Hi ANTIQUELADY Yep, they are a oldie but a goo-die Take care Snow
@crazydaisy (3899)
Yes I did I really enjoy it was alot of fun I guess you and I are kids at heart, cd
Hi CD That's the only way to be. Take care Snow
I do remember Etch a Sketch, but I was not very good with it. I always found things with lots of color more appealing, personally. Of course that could be an excuse since I was not good with it. They even make pocket or travel size etch a sketches. I have put them in Christmas stockings.
Hi GardenGerty Nor was I but it was i. Now on the other hand I alway loved to color and I still do because I find it enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks for stopping by Snow
hi snowqueen I remember I bought one for my sister, then later for my husband and son, and i think I played with that thing more than any of them did. I really loved fooling around with it indeed etch a sketch. that was such fun,I will have to go and get on that sometime soon. thanks for the memory.
Hi Hatley That was very sweet of you to do that for your family, and I know what you are saying because I have done that as well. You are very welcome my dear sweet friend. Take care Snow
@Jaluke (677)
I used to have one and I absolutely loved it. The only thing is I was never very good at making pictures on it. Nothing I did ever turned out great. That's really cool though that someone made an online version out now. It's a bit of a blast from the past. Thanks for posting this. It's awesome.
Hi Jaluke You are very welcome I am right up there with you because I was not good at it but it was fun. Now that I can play it on line it will be a nice break from it all for a second or two. Take care Snow