Friends on Facebook

Indonesia
Facebook is the biggest social network in my country. I cant remember how long I've been there. So far I have 651 friends. When I list them, I realize that it's just no more than half that I really knew. Where were the rest come from and how?? I cant remember either. What about you? Do you know all your facebook friends? Do we need to remove everyone we dont know?
All my friends on facebook are either classmates from high school or my family. I would delete the ones you dont know very well.
what about your old friends? i found a lot, even from my elementary school friends on facebook. some time it brings old memories.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
I can safely say I know evry single person who I have added as friends on Facebook social network. I just dont see the point in adding people who I have never met or am never likely to meet. I use facebook to keep intouch with people I know, not to see what random strangers are doing in their own lives. Some people add friens just to make themselves look popular to other users, how very sad are they. Get your own life is what I would say. Just my opinion. Have a friendly day gere in the myLot community..
for whom i dont even know personal, usualy we had common interest. well i think it's good to my network. as long as they dont mess me, i will not delete.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
That's part of the problem in adding friends who you dont know just because you share similar interests. You just cant tell who will or will not mess with you. I would play it safe.
Yes, I agree about who will mess up. Now I'm thinking about deleting anyone who never had connected with me. Maybe I should. Thanks dude..
@kheigh (216)
nope. i really don't know all of them. some of them are friends' friends that's why accepted their friend request. but right now i don't add people that i don't know except for those whom i find interesting.
same to me. maybe i should stop accepting someone i didnt know.
@humairaku (2040)
hi, there! I like facebook, too. I have been there, maybe, for a year. I only have not more than 330 friends. but I know all of them. they're my college friends, high schools friends or my colleagues. when there was a request friend, I observe it first whether I knew her/him. if I know them I'll confirm it, and vice versa. that's why I have limited friends so far.
@chuacx (95)
i have alot of facebook friends too. and i don't know all of them. but some are from my school so i don't m,ind if they add me. but i do delete some of my facebook friends if i really don't know them or we don't have mutual friends, just for security reasons.
@Slickdag (61)
I dont want to remove any of my friends, even if I have never even heard of them. That really isnt the point of facebook, is it? I mean if they took the time to request you there must have been a reason? maybe they heard of YOU? I wouldnt delete all of them, just go through and find the creeps and limit what they can do under your account settings and you're good to go. :)
@GemmaR (8527)
I have 267 friends at the moment, and I know them all in person. I refuse to add anyone who I don't know, or don't like, and would never add someone just to be nosy and see what they were up to. I just don't see the point in doing that really. A lot of people I hated during high school have added me, but I've just rejeted their request, as I don't see why I should allow them to see my personal information when I don't even like the people!