For the love of god do we have to have the same questions over and over?

How many times do you see the same thing asked over and over again. I did not let it bother me for the most part. But,I am trying to find things to respond to. I don't want to put anyone of front street and hurt their feelings. But goodess you know you saw that question asked and answered already. I think we need to just pass these posts by and not respond. I don't have to search my posts before asking being most of mine are about my horrible life with my disrespectful daughter. But,golly make use of the search box and earn while your at it. I am now passing your post by without a response you knew the answer before you asked it. Mylot needs to start deleteing these stupid posts. matter of fact let me start slagging mylot and telling them about this. I am tired now..
@crackx (628)
• Belgium
Well perhaps this is because you guys are on MyLot waaay to much? I mean 13500+ posts is a bit over the top, no? Get outside until there are discussions you like, I don't want to offend you in any way, but there is an easy solution for it, no?
Dear when you have been hera as long as me your number will grow as well.
Haha it's not like those thousands of posts were done in one day!
you got that right. Thank you.
@kedralynn (992)
I'll repeat a question if the search shows me that it was last asked a year ago. And that's just because I kind of feel silly going back to that old of a post and replying, knowing full well no one will read it or respond. I'll admit it's rather annoying to see the same question asked multiple times a day. I've only been on this site for maybe a month and I've seen a lot of repeats as well. I think tho a lot of new members don't know about the search function and that they should search for a topic before starting one. However I think it's mentioned in the guidelines... It is hard to find something original to reply to sometimes and can get a little irritating. I don't like to repeat myself daily either. You just gotta sort thru that stuff to find the good gems worth replying to.
Agreed, it gets annoying....
@Lxandra79 (1536)
I know you were talking about me and my post of my mom and such, but if you don't want to answer it, just ignore it goodness! I don't mind responding to the same question over and over, but you know that's just me.
Oh lord please believe me when I say this. Being that you said it was you if I were talking about you would just respond back letting you know. But,dear it was not you I was talking about. Now out of curiosity I hav eto go back and read your post. I may hav eresponded and not nnoticed your avatar. But,rest assured it was not you. Nor was it in the mom interets. Thanks anyway though.
I saw that I responded to you as well. It was not you though I am glad you responded so I could let you know. Have a great day. I want to ask you something so I will see if we are friends.
@petersum (4526)
I know what you mean - some days there just isn't anything worthwhile to respond to. Unfortunately the search engine isn't as good as it should be, mainly because most people don't understand what the tags are for! I agree that more posts should be deleted, but also that posts without appropriate tags should be deleted too!
Sometimes even when tags are given, I cannot make any sense of how they are connected to the subject matter. And I am a human. I understand the search tool giving up and saying "there is nothing to be found." But the related post widget spots these things, too bad you can't see it until after you submitted your discussion.
I can understand this as well.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi giftsandbags! You are so very right! I get tired of responding to the same questions over and over too! And what gets me is that someone will post the same question the next day and mylot doesn't seem to notice! But, I do! It's like they are saying it's ok to "copy" and that's against the TOS! Now with a site this large it is amost impossible not to have some repetition, but not the way it happens here! I pretty much do the same thing you do and that is pass it buy! And unfortunately, it is pretty much the same people who do this over and over again and get away with this! When someone "copied" my discussion almost word for work I reported it to mylot! I don't usually do that sort of thing but I was so pissed off! And, I confronted the person too right in my discussion and theres too!
a few days ago I saw this done and laughed as I thought they can be for real. It is so easy to start a post it should not take stealing and copying to get it done.
@gfeef01 (538)
I'd like Mylot to simplify the interests too. there are far too many duplicates, i am on two lists with exactly the same title and they often both come up as having a new question, but it's almost the same flipping thing!!! I think people must only be on one list and not the other. would it be so hard to program into mylot that incomplete questions (those with no tags), or questions containing links that ended in something more than .com / .org / .net etc get deleted automatically? I know i'm a newbie and so i don't really have the right to grumble. However, I do always use the search engine before posting, (i would post a fresh question if the orignal one is very old and therefore the first responses may be out of date) and I always try and add a tag to my responses to questions if not two or three using rephrasing words for those searching (search, searching, looking etc)
@gfeef01 (538)
yeah i know i'm new and i hate to correct an old hat, but tags need to be separated by commas or people can only search for the exact sentence not the words it contains! this whole question title is like one tag... not useful!
I am under (mylots) and (mylot) and so I know just what you mean these should be fixed or one removed.
@morgandrake (2140)
*laughs* Yes, we have to. The sad part is when you look at the discussions listed in an interest, and see the exact same question asked three times on the same page. Obviously, some people are just copying a question from someone else just so that they can start a new discussion. Now, occasionally there are honest mistakes. On a couple of occasions, I have used the search function, found nothing, wrote my post, and then screamed at the system when it finally shows me an almost exact duplicate from two years ago that actually answered the question that I was searching for in the first place. I can live with the honest mistakes. I can live with two-year old results cropping up only after I post my own discussion. But the obvious copy and paste artists do drive me crazy.
I can deal with this as well. Those old posts can be brought back to life. But you understand what I mean.
@oldchem1 (8144)
I have come across this as well, but I do TRY to start original discussions
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
I bypass them too. delete delete delete delete I want to be polite to new people, I really do, but some things I just can't be bothered to respond to any more...
I know all to well how you feel.
@oldchem1 (8144)
You are so, so right!! If I read one more'How do I make money on MyLot type of question I think I will burst. Very often I can find no discussions that I find interesting enough to respond to. I know that the search engine can be a little misleading, but it is worth a try first just to make sure that it is not yet ANOTHER repeated question.
They should stick to responding if they can't think of things to write about.
@suehan1 (4355)
Even after being away for 12 months and coming back just recently, I have noticed the same old posts around ,so nothing much has changed since I have been gone.I love a good post that you can answer, or a post that you can relate to. bring on some good posts.
@charylady (424)
i've committed that mistake when i was still very new to mylot. then someone told me about the search function. sometimes there are old discussions that are interesting and could probably be resurrected? but you're right there have been a number of times when i see the same topics for discussion and these were from people who have been in mylot for a while (based on the number of their posts). i just skip these.
That is what I will have to do plain and simple pass them by. But,I will report them first and then move on.
Well, we all know that there are certain questions that are asked every single month, and I've been passing these by for quite a while because I know that there is a chance that they are going to be deleted and I really hate to waste my precious time. It isn't that hard to think of something that is unique to talk about. It could be a topic that has been discussed in the past, but we are able to ask things in a unique way that will get people to think differently than they've done in the past and that is what I like to do.