Are you a deep or 'double' thinker?

Boise, Idaho
I tend to think things into the ground. If something is bothering me I can't sleep, or function well. Things get me down and I get depressed and stressed. Nice rhyme there, huh? I can't concentrate. I can't get to the other end of the thought process which drives me crazy. What do you do?
hi celticeagle I have been like that and my son would call it thinking in a circle.I would literally yes think it into the ground. and the problem was still unsolved. I would toss and turn, and keeping trying to figure it out and make sense out of it, but all I was doing was indeed going around in a circle. So I went back to my philosophy class thinking and reasoned somethings out, linear thinking, cause and effect. Then I was not thinking in a circle. there was a cause to my problem and I found the cause. So then I could apply logic and solve the problem. My stress was ended and I could go to bed and not think about it any longer.My son was indeed a big help to me.
I think 'logic' has been one of my problems. And you put deep, dark depression into the mix and I stop functioning logically. Thanks.
@cyrus123 (6383)
celticeagle: I like that phrase "deep, dark depression". I know you're not trying to be funny but it reminds me of that section on the old "Hee Haw" program where those guys are singing "Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep, dark depression, excessive misery." Lol
Pretty much describes it too. And if it weren't quite so pathetic it would be funny.
@Lakota12 (42684)
DOnt stress out something will come up to work it all out!
Thanks. I hope so. Nearly tearing out hair time.
@Lakota12 (42684)
Leave hair alone ya need all of it!
@redhotpogo (4419)
I don't know if I'm a deep or a double thinker. I'm not even really sure what a "double" thinker is. When I am thinking about something I tend to go into great detail trying to figure it out. I think about all sides, the pros the cons. What could be, would wouldn't be, what I know about it, and what I've heard about it. I'm always thinking about multiple things. I have thousands of thoughts in my head at all times. Sometimes competing with each other. Usually one thought leads to another, and then another, until the one thing I originally started out thinking about turns into thousands, and then I have to try to reconnect them all back together.
Double thinking is when you think deeply on something, think you have it handled, then you freak yourself out and start thinking on it again. Like you never had it figured out at all.
Ah I do that sometimes, so I guess I am a double thinker. Or do I? muahahahahaha
@cloud31 (5811)
Hello Ms Celticeagle, I'm doing same as you.I take things seriously if its really bothers me, I will have ti sit and think properly without minding any other things.Its hard for me to eat nor sleep when things/situations still at hand and unable to settle. Have a nice day!
And most of it has to do with family. And depression added to the mix send logic out the window. Thanks for you response.
@cloud31 (5811)
yes you are right with family matters and to my job.I had to closed my day for everything just to resolve things on my mind.Take care
@JenInTN (27565)
I am like that with certain things. Other things..I blow off and leave them there. It can be very stressful to overthink. If I can change them..that's the things that bug me.
Oh, ya. And it depends on my mood and how strong I am feeling.
@writersedge (22579)
I'm a heavy thinker, too. But I put creative visualization, journey, or meditation tapes on before I go to bed. They help me to relax and go to sleep. There are enough hours in a day to overthink, I don't need to do it at night. Also, often, if I leave it alone at night, I often wake up with the answers. So while my conscious is asleep, my subconcious works on it. I used to do that with papers at college, too.
You seem like a heavy thinker. I used to use those type of tapes too. Right I live in such a small space with another person i don't like to do that. But when I have my space again I shall.
I guess i'm a deep thinker but not that deep. I just tend to think things through even if it's nonsense. That's the reason sometimes i worry about nonsense. I think it's not a very helpful attitude but i can't take it off of me.
Yes, indeed you are a deep thinker.
@med889 (5958)
I am also similar to you because if ever something is bothering me then I would never be able to sleep but I will always be trying to work out things correctly. So I will think till I do not get a response.
I think that if we didn't care and want to do things right we wouldn't worry so much.
Hi, Celticeagle! I tend to do that, too. Since I learned to meditate effectively, though, I've been able to hold it in check. It was hard to learn to do it, but it's been amazingly effective for many years now. Good luck!
Continually doing it helps also.
@yumanal (143)
I was suffering when I couldn't figure something out and I couldn't sleep,even I was so tired ,rolling left and right,but also sleepless.I asked myself if I was a fool.Sometime I got an answer but I wanted another better answer.I resolved a problem but I wanted resolve another problem.
I would just suffer with one at a time.
• Bangalore, India
thinking is the best feeling we have in the sence which is different from other life and so it is good to have our mind in the imagination and lost the life in thoughts..there are a loot theat we have to go with and put the thing in the right path so that all will be put in the correct path an bend the mind down to catch with the way to breath with the soal...i think it is good to go with that what we love and put our mind and go with the terrible thoughts and got the thing rid off with the life of mind...thinking is something the say i always,,say,that no one in the world who think..so there is nothing we have to think and decide if u think in fate than there is nothing we have to think and put in the way it has been crated..so the thing is there is nothing in out hands,..have fun..
Life of mind? Bend the mind down to catch? What was crated? In out hands? You have fun.
@sender621 (14956)
If you ask my family and friends, they will probably say that i am a deep thinker. I just see myself as a profound thinker. Some things can fly gently by me. other things will be pulled apart at the seams. Is there such a thing as thinking too deeply?
Now 'profound' and 'deep' are two very different things. One is conjuring up unique things and the other is thinking long and hard on something.
@cyrus123 (6383)
I guess you would say I'm a deep thinker, too. I tend to worry a lot for one thing. I know it doesn't help to worry but sometimes a person can't help it. I think it shows that you care about something, at least. I also know that if you worry about something and it doesn't happen, you've worried in vain. If it does happen, you've had to worry twice.
I am a worrier too. If we didn't care we wouldn't worry I think. Worrying twice? I think I worry trice.