Do you give your dog cod fish liver oil?

I have read online that cod liver oil is good for dogs? Does anyone use this on their dogs? Were the results favorable? Also a friend told me that she is also giving her dog baby supplement, is this safe to give to dogs? What are the best food supplement for a healthy pet and that is also good for her system. By the way just an update to my friends my dog weighs heavier now that I have been feeding her dog food (eukanuba) but as of today she did not eat much of it should I just continue feeding it with the same dog food or add some soup into it?
candyfairy - Don't go switching her food. Eukanuba is a premium brand and you should not need add any additional supplements. But if her coat is looking a little dull cod liver oil is a good thing to supplement with. Reasons she may not be eating as much may have to do with the weather. I know the temperature here has gone up drastically today and that will cause a dog to not eat as much. Later on this evening when the temperatures go down she may decide she is ready to eat. Give it a couple of days before putting soup back on the food; this will save you from having to wean her off the soup again.
Thanks for the advice. Yup I guess I have to be kinda consistent here. Soup will be out of the way for sometime. I don't wanna have to wean her off again on that. I was so happy she was eating dog food and again she starts being picky. Yup her coat seems dull to me unlike when she was just 4 months old when her coat was shiny and very white. Right now there are tan colorings appearing in some parts of her coat so she isn't white anymore.
I have two Boston terriers. I feed them both blue buffalo dog food. I also give them both fish oil for dogs. I don't give them the oil every day, they get it three times a week. The oil makes their coat look amazing and the dog food is the healthiest I have found. My male who is 28lbs and strong, has a stomach sensitivity issue kind of like IBS. My female has no issues and the food works very well for both of them. My girl is 15lbs and lean. Both of my dogs love the food. Blue buffalo has different flavors and style to meet your dogs need. If you want to take it a step further the company offers to put your dog on a trading card that comes inside the bags.
wow seems like your boston terriers have a loving master. by the way lemme ask how are boston terriers as a pet? Are they kinda rowdy? what about their temperaments? any special considerations or health issues? I adore these little babes but don't know much about them. I haven't heard of buffalo dog food around here. What I see most often is pedigree, alpo, optima, pet one, eukanuba and bow wow. Bow wow is very horrible and I have asked around the breeders here they told me to stop feeding her bow wow as it is unhealthy. Truth is my dog didn't even take a bit of it, I gave it to a friend of mine. My dog also didn't eat alpo, even if they were small bits I think she found it to be very hard to chew on. The rest I have not tried except eukanuba and she is eating it but now she is being picky again. What is the blue buffalo trading card for? Do you think they are available worldwide?
@oldchem1 (8144)
I don't have a dog, but when our little hamster developed a hair loss problem we were told to give it to him. We used to squeeze it from a capsule into his mouth - he actually seemed to enjoy it!!