Your first comic, can you remember it.

Comic Book, character 'Oor Wullie' - Oor Wullie a Scottish comic cartoon character. Published every Sunday in the Sunday Post newspaper. His trade mark was his dungerees and bucket. Always up to no good. Family friendly reading.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
My first comic book that I read as a child was 'Oor Wullie'. He is a Scottish lad who is full of pranks. His cartoon strip is still as popular today as it was 30 years ago when I first started reading it. Not sure if he will be known worldwide but he should be. Can you remember your first comic and has it stood the test of time, ie. still published.
@LittleMel (14055)
I can't remember the first one, but I remember TinTin he has a dog Snowy and I think a friend who is a Captain I enjoyed reading it, he is some kind of detective don't know if it's still published but I stopped reading it in highschool
@HADDOWZ (1481)
Thomson Twins - The Thomson Twins featured in the Adventures of Tin Tin. Tin Tin had a dog called Snowy, a little white scottie dog.
Tin Tin and Snowy, I remeber them well and the Captain. I also think there was to other main characters in the story books called the Thomson Twins, they wore black suits and boller hats. I remember watching the cartoons on TV. I could be wrong but I think it was written by a French author. Here's a clip to bring back some happy memories. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjrJZyTM4Hk
@LittleMel (14055)
yeah can't remember the author but I remember the twins now thanks for the clips
@HADDOWZ (1481)
I did some checking and it turns out the author was actually from Belgium and not France as I thought. The Adventures of Tintin (Les Aventures de Tintin) is a series of comic strips created by the Belgian artist Georges Rémi (1907–1983), who wrote under the pen name of Hergé Herge sounded French to me, oh well I was close.
@thekelz (277)
My first comic was Roy of the Rovers. It was about a man called Roy Race and he used to be player manager of Melchester Rovers, Unfortunatly he had a helicopter crash and he lost his legendery left foot(the race rocket). They stopped publishing it soon after, they did start it up again with his son has the main character but it didn't really catch on. When I was reading Roy of the Rovers their was another script called Hot shot Hamish and Kevin 'mighty' Mouse, That was good I used to enjoy that more than the one about Roy Race.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
I can recall Roy of the Rovers very well, but I never really enjoyed it. I did enjoy Billie the Fish in the Viz comics but that was alot more adult orientated, and not from my childhood.
My first comic was X-Men: Executioners' song... my cousin put me on to comics, but that was the very first one I owned. The Last Comic? Infinity wars saga!! lol
i had to sit in meditation, trying to recollect the memory. It was so far and deep, as the last comic strip I read was some six months back, in a friends' clinic, waiting for him to finish off his patients. NOW, the first comic i READ as a child was MANDRAKE the MAGICIAN with my favorite being LOTHAR. did I remember correctly? .. I was always dumb-struck at the hypnotic gestures that MANDRAKE used on the villainous characters, and his wife, PRINCESS NARDA. we have one NARADA in HINDUISM, who is a holy saint travelling all three planes, the earth, heavens and the nether world. .. lols.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
You remember well Only thing that puzzled me was why when you have characters like Mandrake, Lothar, the good guys, The Cobra, Aleena The Enchantress, the baddies, did they give Mandrake's twin brother a name like Derek. Just doesnt seem to fit.
lols. I think, it is the name of some real person. and, that way, it would have been a tease ...
@karen1969 (1788)
I have heard of that one, but not read it. As a young girl, I used to read Twinkle a lot, but I don't know if it is still published these days. I also read Bunty, Jinty, Mandy, Tammy, Misty, a whole load of those and loved them. It's a shame there only seem to be glossy magazines these days, even for young kids.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
I remember the names of most of those comics you mentioned, but have never read then as they were girlie comics. Not my style. The closest I got to girlie cartoon characters would have been Minnie The Minx. The female equivalent of Dennis The Menace.
Haddowz hi I had to really think as that was a long long time back, so I think it was Archie and Veronica and Superman those were probably the only ones I read as my parents wanted me to read real'books and I sure did. I learned to read when I was five. I was always an avid reader a nd still am but not silly comic books. mysteries, who dunits and Stephen King,anything by him,love it. Are you then from Scotland? I am here in California in the US. Superman I think is still doing fine but I do not know about Archie and Veronica. will have to googly that one.
@HADDOWZ (1481)
You guessed my location correctly.
@ekoytyas (4672)
my fist comic and also my best collection of comic is dragonball (maybe i can say manga, comic from japan). the story is great and the picture also awesome. i buy it when still elementary school.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
First comic book, probably Superman. First comic? Well there were several in the newspaper, Lil Abner, Peanuts, Brenda Starr and BC come to mind...
@juicekodai (1122)
i didnt really have my own comic book but my sister had Archie and Friends before... i just read that book from my sister i was in grade school then... that comic book is funny... disney channel has a movie of it...
@apples99 (6564)
I think my first comic book was the X-man or Tails from the crypt they were my older sisters comics I wasn't able to buy my own first comics until a bit later lol coz I was much younger and I couldn't afford them back then, I think I was 12 or so my sister bought them to study differnt drawing techniques, and she would let me barrow her so I could study them too, because we both loved to draw in those days and still do in fact I still buy comics on ocasion.
@sagar21 (1583)
mine "Boban and Molly by Toms",its in my native language..It criticizes day to day affairs..also..both kids and grown ups like it.. wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toms_%28cartoonist%29 have a great day/night TA..TA...
mine was Spiderman.. i forgot the issue # of that comic but his enemy at that issue was vulture..