Children should look clean an tidy when out on the street.

I was at the post office and three kids were playing around. For one it was like no one was raising them to stay in one area while out in public. But the kids looked just dirty. from head to toe these three kids looked nasty. All of us on the line were all just looking and shaking our heads. The children looked unbathed and their hair was super knotty and full of link balls and dirty. It was like they were homeless or something. I think it was sad the parents looked cleaner than the kids. Boy what a shame for parents to have children look so bad in the street.
@kedralynn (992)
I agree. I mean ok yes I know it's impossible to keep kids looking clean all the time. They spill food and play in the dirt. But when I see kids really dirty and in clothes with stains and holes, I just feel bad for the them. I'd be kind of embarrassed if those were my kids going out in public looking like that....
They just looked bad..
@lilybug (21148)
You can tell the difference between kids that have just gotten dirty playing outside and kids that have not had a bath or their face washed in days.
This is true. It's more like a permanent layer of filth on them that's kind of greasy...
I don't know exactly how to feel about this. I mean I guess if the kids are not being properly taken care of then yes you have a reason to judge the parents, but if the kids just looked like well "played" kids then I don't understand. I have my 2 girls, and yes I bath them, I clothe them, and I do my best to keep their hair combed and face cleaned but sometimes my kids are just kids. We can go somewhere and if they eat something that something doesn't just go in their mouths. I can brush their hair but once they get in those carseats it gets all nappy again. I can dress them all day everyday but sometimes my 2 year old like to grab her own clothes. Does that make me a bad parent? Because I left my kids be kids sometimes. Now don't get me wrong if theses kids parents are not even attempting to take care of them then yes it's wrong but if they are just kids being kids I don't see much harm in it.
These kids are not being bathed at all. You should see their feet oh my goodness. The children's hair was in pony tails matter down like a word I can't describe. Your kids are being kids just like they are. But,their parents are not being parents. So you don't understand which I can understand. I am a parent and my child looks better than me any day of the week.
@cream97 (29168)
That is so sad. Where are the parents of these kids?? It is a shame that kids can look like any and every bad thing when they are out and about. But yet their parents may be fly as the day comes. It is a shame that the parents was not around to keep them hidden from the public eye. If my kids looked dirty like this, they never would be leaving the house looking so unkempt!
@tewiawi (63)
I agree. I make sure my kid is clean when out in the street. But no matter how much you make your child that clean but when they are already playing, it's another story. Sometimes when I see children playing around looking dirty, I really don't mind at all 'cause I know they are just enjoying their childhood as we have enjoyed ours. ;)
And this I can truly understand being a woman who once was a child. And also having my daughter as a child. But,my daughter was never filthy from head to toe. These kids were not being cared for plain and simple. The kids were just filthy and it was not due to them playing either. You can even tell an adult who is not bathing themselves.
@skysuccess (8882)
giftsandbagscom, Kids will be kids. I don't think their parents can be blamed when they looked soiled especially after playing the whole day outside. They just would not be attentive if they get dirtied or not. So, I would not be conclusive and assuming here.
I have had kids play all day in dirt and looked cleaner than these kids. They were clearly not just playing they were filthy. But,I can understand people not wanting to believe this could be true. it is just sad to be happening.
hi giftandbagscom hi again. I agree kids should be cleaned up before taking them to a public place like that. However could that family perhaps be homeless as that might explain some of that,yet it they were and could get into a homeless shelter the first thing they have all people do is take showers so that blows my theory. and if the parents were neat how come they could not clean up their children?That just does not compute but again are you really sure that the people you thought were their parents might not have been? It could be that the kidw came in there by themselves. but whatever someone should be caring for them and sure were not doing so.really so sad.
They were at the window for a long time and it was the kids parent. YOu can tell by the way she was acting with them. I just wish I could have captured a picture of them. I was in the homeless shelter over a year with my daughter. No one knew unless I told them. We had our own unit with kitchen and a big bathroom and Our own bedroom to share. That was just nasty to see today.
@sedel1027 (17855)
How old were the kids? My son is bathed and what not but doesn't care how he looks. He will put on jeans that are stained, shirts with holes, ect. They are clean but not neat looking. My neighbor has thhe same issue with her boy. Maybe its just a boy thing?
These kids were not bathed at all. They were about 5,7,3, You know how kids look so cute in funny looking clothes but you can tell they had soap and water on them. Not these kids. their hair was just nasty. Nappy and beady un brushed or combed. Pony tails looked old just nasty.
@Fireheart (683)
I agree with you, parents should always care for their children. There is no excuse for letting kids look ugly in-front of everyone especially if the parents looks good,am not sure maybe the kids were naughty that they threw them-self in mud or some fight between children's and that parents cannot avoid it.there must be a reason i dont think any parents will purposeful let their children look bad.
@lilybug (21148)
My kids get dirty, but I always make sure their hair, bodies, and clothes are clean before we leave the house. i won't even go pick my daughter up from my son's school until I have made her hair look presentable. Like I commented on another response. You can tell the difference between a kid who has just been outside playing and got dirty and a kid who has not had a bath in days.
@Renteroo (10)
• Bulgaria
I think there are 2 variants. The first one is when the children imitate their parents and the second one is when the parents don't look after their kids. Everything depends of parents.
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
the kids are like that and their parents aare like too.. thing is that parents are so much hung up with their home chores. that they dont care for kids when they are like this
@srganesh (6349)
Are they of the same family and you saw their parents?I had seen some kids in the streets who are beggars and they don't care about their appearance at all.In fact,they have to look shabby to earn the public sympathy.if those kids are not beggars,then their parents are living in the heights of irresponsibility.