Shrek: Ever After, epitomizes true love

Whenever I watch this movie, including previous parts, my belief in true love is renewed all over again. Of all movies that could tackle about true love, this movie is about two not-very-good looking characters who epitomizes the real meaning of true love. It is not good looks. Shrek touches actually the adult hearts and minds reminding us how beautiful it is to fall in love with our spouses or partners, over and over again. I thought at first that Shrek, because it is a cartoon, could only interest kids and toddlers. But I as wrong, my two-year old kid was not able to appreciate it as he say over and over again that he is afraid. Of course, with a two-year old, the physical appearance of the ogres and the settings of the story is not appealing to him. The ones who enjoyed it? Well, me and his Dad. It is like we were transported in time when we were still boyfriend and girlfriend.
@zed_k4 (17630)
I heard it's more sad this time round.. but a good show nevertheless.. I've suspected that it's going to be like a conflict of Shrek and himself and true enough, when I read reviews, it's something like that. Did you manage to catch it on 3D? Would be more believable.. though I've yet to catch it on 3D..
Yes, I have watched in the theatre (3d). My mistake was I brought along my two-year old kid with me. He did not enjoy it as he was afraid of Shrek's face and the other characters. I think he would appreciate other cartoons. But me and my husband, we loved it, as ever.
We watched Shrek 3D last night. My 4 and 5 yr old sons loved it! @ aileen, i guess 3D animation doesn't appeal well to 3-yr and under kids... My 2-yr-old nephew was with us and he didn't enjoy it either. he just kept asking for his toy car from his mommy...
@zed_k4 (17630)
I think it is an adult movie for the most part....
@watergirl (569)
Awww, that is so sweet... My hubby and I both enjoyed watching every Shrek movie. We would leave our 2 kids with my in-laws and it's like we're bf-gf on a movie date all over again! I especially like Shrek's wickedly funny depiction of true love, reality, and pop culture. Now my soon-to-be-4-yr-old son is asking for a Shrek movie instead of a children's party. It's gonna be his first theater experience and he's VERY excited! he has watched Shrek 1 and 2 on cable and he enjoyed all of them. This time, we will be watching Shrek 3 as a whole family with friends and relatives!
I mean, Shrek 4th (forever after). my bad...