What about deleting the dupes???

@mr_pearl (5037)
Dear Buddies... Many times, I feel annoyed to read the same reply from the same person, twice... MyLot has been really good with these things... Still we get to read two replies... Here is an idea to avoid that... We can allow users to delete their post, if they want... Editing isn't allowed, which is good and understandable... But at least, allow them to delete, which will help avoiding double-posting... What do you think fellows??? have you come across two similar posts in one discussion? How did you feel? Please share...
Forgive me, My post was sent twice on one of your posts. And before I could write My Lot There were two responses.being able to delete a dupe would be wonderful.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi Sarah... You don't have to apologize... It wasn't your mistake... It was server or some other technical issue... I am still going through other posts and maybe, after that I'll be able to form some nice judgment about it... Don't feel sorry, please...
Ok. I feel better now. Talk to you later.Cheers!
@sriram19 (111)
Yes....man it is damn irritating....when you see double posts!!! My first action is to delete it as soon as i see it! It one of the things i realy hate!
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi Sriram... thanks for sharing.. You say you delete those??? How do you do that???
@mysdianait (64059)
When I make, or see that others have made, duplicate posts I use the (!) to report them as duplicate. It's simple, only takes a second and keeps myLot clean and tidy. I don't feel that we need to be able to delete anything ourselves as admins deal with them quite soon after the reports.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi Diana... Thanks for sharing... Yes, that is a nice idea too... But won't it harm the reputation of the person whose post has appeared twice, accidentally????
if they will allow us to delete our post then it means that we can delete not just our double post but any post that we made her as long as we want to delete it, and if we do that what will happened to those who respond under that post, they will lost their earnings. besides they will delete those double post here so dont worry, if they are able to delete those who violate tos then why not in double post as its a double earnings. we really cant avoid double posting due to system problem but they will take care of it. just go ahead and continue posting.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hiii... Thanks for sharing.. I see and understand your point of view, in this case, most certainly... I didn't know that they deleted the Dupes after some time, let me check upon it... :) Have fun!
I think sometimes it is done by mistake, if I see one person has posted the same reply twice then it doesnt really bother me unless I see that someone has copied another persons reply almost word for word. If the same reply has been posted more than twice then it does get annoying. I get more annoyed when people give a response and it has nothing to do with the question. Responses like "sorry I dont know the answer, good luck in finding it out" I dont see the point in that type of response.
@mr_pearl (5037)
HI Auntiescarf... Thanks for sharing... Yes, I'll get pissed off, if someone replied with entirely irrelevant post... That would be an annoyance, and I would simply report that post... Have a great day!
@oldchem1 (8144)
Yes I agree with you. Very often when the site is playing up it is far too easy to double post. This has happened to me on a couple of occassions, I ask for the post to be removed and I make a comment on the discussion for people not to respond, but they often do. Editing or the ability to delete, would be fantastic.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi Old Chem... Thanks for the support... I have experienced it once only and felt pretty annoyed... It was a mistake; two of my successive posts were the same in that discussion... Felt terrible!!! couldn't do anything though... I have read double posts a lot of times. Thankfully, the users immediately add a comment, saying that it was not intentional... I hope the admin will work upon this... :)
@ifa225 (11099)
sometimes i get my response double too. i don't know why these things happen. maybe the problem because of my internet or maybe in my lot. i just give the ! sign and report it. in fact i have few time reporting my self
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I just either ignored the second one or left a comment on it like "there's an echo in here". No big deal.
@adamc151 (479)
Many times i have tried editing my post and just ended up duplicating it and copying it twice. and it is quite annoying not being able to delete it. I know it will end up getting deleted anyway but why can't i do it and save people time :)
@o0jopak0o (6408)
well sometimes i double post because of lags and delay. But deleting a post maybe a good idea but it can change our earnings equation and something
@nijolechu (1845)
Yes, it would be nice if Mylot had the feature where you can have at least some control of which discussions get deleted. Sometimes I accidentally double post a reply and then I am not able to correct them. I have had this happen to be before and then my account get suspended by the admin.