Have you tried connecting to celebrities on Facebook?

I don't mean just their Facebook fan pages, I mean actually trying to connect with celebrities? I am a part of the figure skating community, so I have something in common with skating celebrities . . . and most of them have added me in. But it's rare that I actually get a personal word from them. I can understand that though . . . I'm sure there's too many people to write back to and they don't want to get that personal with everyone. Well, I friend requested another skater the other night . . . and not only did I get added in, I actually got a personal message from him!! Nothing major, but I am tickled over it. Now I'm not the type of person to go gaga over a celebrity - but it was just cool. I'm not going to say who - I might give away my anonymity if you go to their friends list - hee hee. So have you tried to connect with any celebrities? Were you successful with your attempt? Did you try to write them a message in hopes that they would write back - and did they?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
My friend Jack has Brian Boitano on his list and I have been so tempted to send him a friend request, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not (chicken). lol
Guess what, dawnald . . . Brian can't accept anymore Facebook friends - I tried! A bunch of my friends already have him added . . . but they did that a long time ago. The guy has like over 5000, so maybe there's a limit. Maybe we can send him a personal message??
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I bet he just stopped accepting friends. Probably can only get PMs from friends too...
When you try to add, a window pops up that says "Too Many Friends" and then . . . "Sorry, this user already has too many friends". Apparently you can still send him messages, but I don't know if he's actually reading them!!
I have a lot of friends in showbusiness in my Facebook account. Most of them are young upstarts or who are just starting in the business although they already have 2 or 3 regular appearances on TV. Just giving them advice from time to time in order to better their job.
Are you in the show business too (as you are giving them advice)? I have one friend who has 2 daughters in the business (and they skate too) but they don't have a regular gig. My friend has a bunch of big time actors on her friends list, but I think it's from meeting them wherever her daughters go to audition or whatever.
Yes, I'm on radio. But in college, I already got to experience being with celebrities flocking in our school so there's no big deal and I even got to exchange stories w/ them.
Neat! I'm not in show business, but I live in a city where there are always celebrities here and there (yah, in my school too when I was growing up). They're people just like us - but they just happen to be famous and can live that lifestyle is all!!
@qamarep (4449)
• Pakistan
yes but sometimes they dont add me .. maybe they have no time to add eachone who adds them
Yah, there are some who don't add people they don't know. I could understand they want their privacy and some just want to use Facebook as their communication tool - not a fan tool. I tried to friend request one other skater, but he has over 5000 friends already and I keep getting the message that he can't add anymore.