I went to a cook out today with my dog and my daughter? Did you?

I took my daughter and Samantha out to a family cook out. I was going to stay in and mylot all day. But,I realized I could do this tomorrow or any other day of the week. I have made payout so it does not matter. Sam was offered food from everyone and would not eat any. Finally she ate a small bite of one girls chicken. I think she did not like the grilled meat. My daughter was great and we enjoyed ourselves there. I am now home and tired. Did you go to a cook out today?
• Marion, Kansas
No, I went to breakfast with hubby, did stuff in my kitchen and need to go pack now for a business type trip that I leave on tomorrow. I was supposed to go today, but our tags are due, and I did not want tickets for not being current. I will leave after the tag office opens.
I hope you have a safe trip.
Well, I can personally attest to the fact that I wasn't on mylot at all for Memorial Day. Our family went to Georgetown, where my in-law's live and we had a cookout with them and also several of their neighbors were invited as well. We had a pretty good time, but by the time that we were getting ready to leave my husband was hurting pretty bad, it turns out that he has a kidney infection, but that is being taken care of now. It was really nice to have a cookout with his parents since his father is retired from the Army.
@cher913 (25893)
i am in canada and our long weekend was the previous weekend. we generally go to a town that has town wide garage sales on that day. we went but didnt buy anything!
@lilybug (21148)
I had some friends over on Friday evening for a cook out. We stayed up till 4:30 in the morning chatting and then got up at 7:30 to start our day. Needless to say I was pretty tired on Saturday. Yesterday instead of cooking out again we went to the zoo and hung out for about 6 hours. It was hot and I got a sun burn, but it was pretty fun. My son used to hate the taste of food cooked over charcoal, so I could see why the dog might not like the taste. I personally LOVE food cooked over charcoal. I might just have to cook out again next weekend to get some more of it.
@jeanieous (107)
Wow, it's nice you had a good day! Going out with your family or loved ones makes anyone's day the best and wonderful. :)
@sender621 (14956)
What began as a cookout turned into something else. We have a charcoal grill. The charcoal must have gotten wet over the winter. It would not light. We didn't have time to buy new charocal, so we cooked our food inside. It just wasn't the same experience.
@syankee525 (6295)
no we had a cook out at our house on sunday, well my daughter did but mom and dad did most of all the work. but its all good. we had a great time
@med889 (5958)
I usually cook food when I feel to because else my mother always likes what she does in the kitchen so I happen to cook some times when it really pleases me, yesterday i made chicken grilled and it was wonderful.
@ElicBxn (60771)
Nope, had to work, then I came home and then my friend "J" came over and we had dinner and watched Doctor Who. He got a phone call during our watching the show, and was getting called into work starting at 1:30 a.m., so we chased him out as soon as the show was over so he could get a nap before going to work.
@carmelanirel (20979)
That's great gifts, sounds like you had a busy day..We had the "family" cookout Saturday and I'll post about it tomorrow when I have more time..Today however, we went to the local national park, went on a hike and then to the beach. Afterwards we went to this pizza place we love and when we got home, my son went straight to bed and fell asleep...Worn him out..
@amybrezik (2123)
I tried to host a cook out last night but I waited too long to invite people. I love to cook out and host them pretty frequently. I have a small table top grill that was only $25 but I have gotten my money's worth out of it. I love to host cook outs and wish that my memorial day weekend cook out would have worked out, but honestly it was probably for the best. Besides I will have plenty of opportunity to have cookouts this summer. I hope yours was good! Did you have anything intersting. I like to make buffalo burgers (I can't eat beef) I amm always looking for something different to grill. I love to make kabobs! Grilled pineapple with some chicken is awesome!