which do you prefer? a boy bestfriend or a girl bestfriend?

for girls : do you think it is better to have a girl bestfriend than boy bestfriend? cause i have more than two best friends and im really comfortable with my boy best friend.. idk why, but i feel so happy when im with him than with my girl bestfriends, but we just love each other as brother and sister though.. :)) how about you boys? which one do you prefer?
@jeanieous (107)
Honestly, I have both. :) I have one girl and one boy best friends. They are both best in different ways, because they vary in many aspects that you want to talk about. There are things which I told my guy best friend that I didn't told my girl best friend and vice versa. But I am closer to my girl best friend because she understands me more and definitely I love her more. Lol. My guy best friend always frowns at me every time I commit mistakes. I think he wants me to be more matured but I don't want things to be forced. I want it on my own. Anyway, I still prefer to have a girl best friend than of a guy, and I don't know why. :D
As a single person, I prefer girl bestfriend. I can cry to a girl but not to a boy. I can talk everything to a girl but not to a boy. I am married person now and I prefer to have boy bestfriend. It is risky to have a girl bestfriend as a married man.
very nice answer sir! :))
as far as my experience is concerned i prefer boy bestfriend coz u can trust him all your secrets coz boys dont talk too much by nature.. and no personal rivalry coz of gender differences
@knicnax (2234)
I'm a girl and I don't prefer any gender. If they're worthy to be called best friend, it means I'm very comfortable with that person. friends, on the other hand are a different matter. I prefer boy-friends than girl-friends. I feel like I can talk to a boy about anything under the sun. It's easier to be myself. I guess the reason with this is that it's inherent for boys to be careful with girls, and they also don't pretend to like you or anything. Unlike girls, we have this inherent quality of silently hating each other. haha
lol.. i agree with you.. :)
@yugasini (12813)
• Anantapur, India
hi regzocampo, in friendship i will not see it is boy or girl and i am also not seeing their ages also,who approach me for friendship i will accept,but mostly boys attracts girl friends and girls attracts boyfriends,that is common,i too have lot of girl friends than boy friends,have a nice day
@anil78650 (177)
First of all hello everyone.......and now topic......for most of the boys and girls they prefer their similar gender but like knicnax said "gender doesn't matter if they're worthy to be called friend"....best friend is a person who walk in your life when rest of the world walk out.Most people walk in and walk out your life but best friend leave foot print in your heart.But i prefer boys best friend.
@jimmysun (401)
for me both are good to have... cuz i think to have best girlfriends and best boyfriends are so great in one's life...but unfortunately we can not find the right one i mean the turest best firend ...sometimes we can find one but we never know if he or she is the one can be the turest friend...need to be proved by time...
@linhnd (6)
• Vietnam
If I am a girl. I think I need a boy bestfriend than a girl bestfriend. Like me, I am a man, so I need a girl bestfriend. So she can give me many information about woman-world.
i prefer girl bestfriend b'coz i'm very comfortable with girls b,coz if u have girl bestfriend then u dont have to worry anything about if u have girlfriend or not if not then u make her girlfriend but if u r married then prefer best boyfriend if wife cath with girl best friend u r in trouble
@cupkitties (6696)
I think I'd like a woman best friend if I were to have best friends. I always hung out mostly with the boys since I was young because I never got along with other girls except a very few and even then I couldn't trust them. Things seem to be different now.
Since I rarely get along with females, I would rather have a male best friend. It's like yin and yang. Somehow a male friend would complete the circle. It's fun having a male friend because they have a different way of viewing things and it's not so boring compared to seeing someone else who also have boobs, long hair, talk in a high pitched voice, etc. There are also benefits of having a male friend. You might be hanging around your future husband (oh, dont't tell me you never tought about that). He's good for physical protection, a nice thing to discover about another human being, good eye candy and much more. For girls, you might be finding yourself fighting more about things and being jealous. That's if you're hetero.
for me i don't prefer any gender, if you have a boy best-friend its so nice to mingle with them because boys don't talk a lot if you give them secrets.there nice to be with. If you have a girl best-friend you can deal a lot of things like shopping and going to places where you love to, and most of all sharing good thins in life if you have a girl friend you can easily get along with. So i don't prefer such gender girl the fact is you should choose a right friend that you can't lean on through thick and thin. and those friends who will always be with you to all your sorrows and pain in life.
@karen1969 (1788)
I prefer having a girl best friend, because I am married and I wouldn't want my husband to feel jealous if I was out with my boy best friend. I think both males and females can be wonderful friends though, but I find I talk to my female friends about deeper issues and more of my feelings. With men, it is more jokey, less serious talk.
@med889 (5958)
I prefer to have a boy best friend and I have one also, he is not like we girls are, he is more understanding sometimes compare to us, we are more comfortable while we work and we discuss or we go somewhere for lunch or dinners.
@zralte (4186)
I don't know about which one is better, though clearly different. I had a boy best friend in college, and that was great. We could go dancing together and try to find each other a nice partner. Well, it was me who tried to match-make for him, usually. I would befriend a girl for him. It was nice. And if we don't have date for a dance or a party, we usually go together. There were times when one of us had to cancel our date just because the other doesn't have a date to go with. On the other hand, there are things that you just can't do with your boy best friend - like cry or talk about girl's stuff, etc.
For me, I want to have both boy and girl bestfriend. Sometimes I can't confide to my girl bestfriend some of my girly secrets coz I'm ashame. But in my boy bestfriend i felt confident to tell those secrets. But there are times that I can't confide to my boy bestfriend too those secrets that is about boys. So I prefer them both.
@sriram19 (111)
Seriously...i also dont have any preference, i mean would love to have both, cause you cant pour out your guy thing problem to a girl bestfriend, and if you want to know girl pshycology, then you need to have a girl bestfriend! Both have their own advantages and dis-advantages!! So itz better to have one from each category!