Choosing a Writer's Voice

@bloggeroo (2171)
Last night, as I was writing and rewriting chapter 1 of my book, I realized that I needed to decide on what voice to use when writing for my target readers. Engaging readers in imaginary conversations should make writing a bit easier. Hmm. Maybe I should imagine myself as a talk show host.
It's a pleasure to meet you, Bloggeroo. I also have a writing blog you might like to see. I have a huge banner on it on my profile. I have also added you as a friend and I hope we can share ideas and comments about writing/blogging. If you want to find me on other sites I go by Leafygreens or Leafygreens08 and I am writing at Triond, Associated Content and Bukisa.
@bloggeroo (2171)
Thanks for activating this discussion. By the way, the URL to your blog should use http rather than https. Otherwise, visitors will get a warning from their browser security add-ons.
You are so right, Bloggeroo! That was a typo on my part. I went and fixed it. I hope you will try again. Thanks to telling me about it. {{{}}}
@eileenleyva (10978)
Did I get you right when you said you are contemplating whether to use the active or the passive voice in writing your book? It actually depends on your text and how you disclose your story. But I am not a writer. Not much reliable for advice. But for tips, I like narration in the first person point of view. When I am reading fiction, it seems that I am well into the story if the protagonist is the one telling his story. Forget about that talk show host style. That will limit your writing instead of enhancing your prose.
@bloggeroo (2171)
Actually, it's more like the quality of delivery. I'm writing a how-to book so it's practically going to be written using the active voice. But I may have to decide how to project myself. Do I want to appear as a teacher or a coach? Since the book is a bit technical, can I get away with writing a lot of imperative sentences that demand action from the reader? The real issue in all these is, of course, the problem of establishing rapport. I'd like a definite course of action or some kind of plan on how I will achieve this all throughout my book.