Will mankind be able to substain its current consumption pattern for long?

oil running out - peak oil
in 50 or 100 years will oil and food be very hard to come by?
@besthope44 (12145)
Well if we save now we can save for our kids.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well if we plan now we can save our oil and food and current consumption.
I think food is managable but few other things like oil and coals would be limited. We can say that all natural resources should be used carefully so that next generation can use them. Water is again an issue, in summer season in some part of there are critical issues with the drinking water. We should use natural resources with care.
@jhnmikala (153)
I say no I dont think the way we are going we will last that long. We are using so many natural resources and nonrenewable resources and unless we come up with a way to do everything there is absolutely no way we can survive. I think we should start spending money on finding a way to create renewable resources in large quantities and in a brief amount of time.
@sallyj (1228)
Possibly oil and gas, they are nonrenewable. Food on the other hand is renewable. The more scraps we have the more mulch we have. There has already been a change in eating cheese and eggs verses meat. Vegetables can be grown again and again. that is my opinion, what is yours.