Are your kids collecting the fun shaped rubber bands?

My daughter along with many kids from our area are collecting these. They are cute shaped rubber bands in many colors. They also come in glow in the dark ones. http://silly-bands.com/ here you will be able to see some of the shapes. They are $1.39 in stores around where I live.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Those are cute, I never seen them before..I know if my son saw them, he'd want the dinosaur ones..I will have to keep an eye out when I go out again...
All the dollar stores here sell them.
Oh my goodness. I don't have kids, but I work at an elementary school and the kids are CRAZY for them. Absolutely crazy! Some of the districts banned silly bandz because they're such a graze and disrupting classrooms! They love to trade them!
I'll check the dollar store then, I am sure they are less expensive there..
@lazybum5 (51)
Well just a few weeks ago my highschool restarted collecting them. In fact I ordered a hard to find (in my town atleast)set of unicorns and fairies and stuff for a girl who loved them. THough I'm not the biggest fan of these. i really only keep a crocodile given to me by a friend.
Thats nice of you to do for her. I know she was very happy for them.
She was very happy. Thank you.
@Jennlk84 (4219)
These things are such a huge craze! I'm amazed at how many children AND adults I see wearing them. I've even seen famous adults on TV wearing them. Kelly on Regis and Kelly is the first person that comes to mind that I often see wearing them on TV. My sister, who is a grown adult, wants some. LoL So we were in search of them for her last weekend but they didn't sell them in her town. I've seen them here and they are about $5 a pack. I can't believe they're that cheap where you're from - that's awesome! You're getting a great bargain! I don't know if I myself will ever get into them but I do think they are neat. :-)
I like the tinker bell one the best. I don't wear them like my daughter does. I just bought tims daughter some and they were $1.39 so I must say I am lucky. In Miami I wonder how much they cost. I better stock up on them.
@cream97 (29166)
No. I have never seen anything as creative as these. My kids would love these, I am so sure! I will make sure that I look into these rubber bands. I know that they would love to see the different designs of rubber bands of things that they tend to love and admire. Thanks for sharing this link with us all.
My seven year old daughter has about fifty of these that she has collected over the last several weeks. Her best friend who is thirteen years old has over two hundred of them. I really don't understand the allure behind them, but I am willing to get them for her as a reward for her doing what she is supposed to do. Around here they run $2.99 for a dozen and $4.99 for 24 of them, so I think that they are relatively inexpensive, but I wish that there was somewhere that I could look around here for cheaper.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep they are. They came back from an excursion with their dad all happy as can be that they they had them. And then I started finding what was left of them in the laundry.
Oh, yes they are really popular here. My teen girls wear them. They sell for $5.00 for 24 here. I have seen grown ups wearing them too. I just wish I would have thought of the idea first. haha
No i am not kids collecting the fun shaped rubber bands. I have one younger sister. But she is also not interested on it. More over she doesn't know anything about it. She is a collecting of doll.
@Shar19 (8236)
Oh yeah, these bands are the craze going around our schools too. I remember when my daughter started coming home with a few on her wrist in the beginning of the year. I asked her what it was and she showed me how the rubberbands were shapes of different things. So of course she wanted them for her birthday and she also got a pack from the Easter Bunny this year. They are $6.99 for a pack of 24 here in our stores. There is also a cheaper brand called "Crazy Bands". Same thing really - just more affordable.
@vanease (23)
YES kids where I live are going crazy for themI finally got my kids 4 packs a few days ago and they still wanted more of them.One kid we know actually sold 40 of them for $10.I guess the other kid didnt get to the stores much to give that much for them.They are cute but I am surprised at how popular they arethere not that cute.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Have taken a look at them. Most all kiddies will want to collect these. I have not seen them here yet but I imagine they won´t take long to cross the Ocean and into the Shops they are nice and different especially the glow in the dark ones. We have all collected some kind of things before so I think they will be here for some time to come. Not only that you can use them for countless things too not just for children but us as well.