Do You Not See How Ugly It Is?

@erikmama (12934)
I was researching a product earlier for an article I was writing. I clicked on several different sites to try to gather information. There were atleast 2 sites that were just UGLY. The sites were very unorganized without any professionalism to them at all. It looked like something a 7 year old would do. All of the info was crammped up and hard to find what you were looking for. I wish the owners of these sites would LOOK at it one good time and change it ! A site represents you and a ugly,disorganized site is not the way you want to be remembered! It is annoying, and frustrating looking at these sites! Have you seen any ugly sites? Does an ugly site deter you from using it?
ughh..i've seen my fair share of ugly sites, and most of them do turn me off from exploring any further.. but sometimes i can't blame them for making their website look that way. not everyone in the world who wants a website up has basic design fundamentals. not everyone understands the need for aesthetically pleasing sites. and not everyone knows where to look for the right tools & templates when building up their sites..
@erikmama (12934)
I still don't think that is an excuse for some of the Web sites I have seen though.I know that we all have budgets,but if youre going to do something, do it right,ya know?There is a difference in just ugly site that shouldnt be up and one that is cheap.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, erikmama. Yes, I have seen many ugly sites. Sites that don't look so hot. The webmaster designed the website and the words are all misspelled. It is a shame. It looks so bad. So bad, that I don't want to even browse the webpage. I don't know why people don't take the time to make sure that their website is proofread and not disoriented. They know better than to have their website looking like this. I just call it a case of having a lack of knowledge and carelessness.
@erikmama (12934)
Me either.I left those sites I stumbled upon very quickly.I would be ashamed to put out something that looked as bad as what I saw.It is a total turnoff.Some of these sites even want you to buy things from them...Yeah... I guess the price of the site is a facotr,but if you are this cheap,well,you're better off without a Web site.
It is not all that often that I come across sites that I think are really ugly, but it is something that happens from time to time. That said, when I see a site that is not visually appealing to me, it is not all that likely that I will visit that site again in the future. I've never seen a site in my browser which presented the information in such a way that I had a hard time reading it, but I use the most common browser. In addition to this, I know that a programmer has to be very careful about writing the HTML code for the different browsers because the layout on each browser differs slightly.
@erikmama (12934)
I havent seen it to often,but when I do it is very memorable! It wasn't anything to do with the Web browser, it was information crammed together on the Web site, words written on top of other words,things of that nature. These just looked like cheap, ghetto sites a kid woulda thought was cool.Very big turn off!
@Cutie18f (9564)
I most certainly agree that your site layout is very important as it either attracts or digusts visitors. How ugly really are those sites? I have blogs too which I hope you could visit--are they any uglier than mine? Anyway, one reason why I could not come up with a very good layout is my inability to use whatever it is, like codes or html, to make my sites beautiful. Oh, I would love to have them look pretty but I just do not have the know-how to do this. So I can very well understand those ugly sites you said.
@erikmama (12934)
Sure,I would visit your sites...what are they? I think if your site were ugly like these you would know.There is a big difference bewtween terrible site and not using cieds!
@kukueye (1761)
Ya , nowsday any normal person can create a website in just few minutes especially those bloggers website. Free hosting are also avaialble like those days, yahoo give free hosting. Now your have blogspot,wordpress , xanga and others. all of them start with free package and comes with their widgets.Hence many are toying around and experiement they blogging skills so i guess initially it will be ugly.
@erikmama (12934)
Yea,but some of the stuff was just ridiuclous.I'd be embarrassed to put up something that looked so bad!