how can we eliminate the UNWANTED THOUGHTS from our mind

my mind is full of unwanted n useless thoughts. Always i want to remove them, and live freely. But it is becoma a big problem for me. Please suggest me a good way...
whenever i'm on the verge of having unwanted or useless thoughts, i always try to do something else like reading, surfing the net, watching movies..in short, i'm always keeping myself busy..at best..you have to watch the movie "the secret"..it is one of the best affirmation movie so that you can eliminate those negative thoughts..
thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. from: Remo Ch
Carylngands, great suggestion. The secret is a great movie. Rameschow, the mind is stronger than the need and the will. You are at a very difficult time in your life with studying and keeping up with the financial will to continue on. It is difficult, preoccupy your mind with wonderful thoughts. Tell yourself that you are your priority and the future will be your fortune. Keep persisting on why you do what you do so that someday you can look back and say it was all worth it.
that's very true hardworkinggurl..i couldn't agree with you more!