losing motivation at work

@ladychai (147)
if you are a leader and you notice one of your subordinates to be lacking enthusiasm with work, what would you do? What if that person happens to make you feel like he or she knows everything and even provide you with good insights on how to make your leadership skills improve? How would you confront this person?
@winjayoma (187)
I will encourage him or her to keep up the good works. Let him know and remind your subordinate that you are still the leader and you will be affected of their poor performance.
@p3ks626 (6550)
Something like that also happened to me a weeks back. I didnt give up right away, I did something about it but they dont seem to cooperate anymore so I also lose my motivation. I just let them be after showing me the attitude that they are not interested or something. At least they'd get to have a taste of their own medicine.
@lacieice (2065)
As a leader, or supervisor, I would think one thing you could do is have a one-on-one with that person in order to learn if there is a specific problem and what can be done about it. It could be something at work, such a problem with some aspect of their job or a problem with a co-oworker, or it could be a personal issue. I might start out by stating that I have noticed a lack of enthusiam with their job, and wondered if there was something I could help with. I think a frendly approach may get results. Just knowing someone noticed and seems to care may be enough to motivate this person to find a solution to the problem.
I give you props on a good discussion question! It made me think about my own life. I think I lost a little bit of motivation at work. I mean, its almost the end of the school year and I'm tired. But I think I lost it when they transferred me to another school. The kids are different and I still miss the old ones even eight months later. I feel like I lost motivation to discipline the children because they just don't listen no matter what you do.