The same place or a new place?

@Porcospino (17802)
Denmark
Some people like to spend their holiday at the same place every year. My parents have visited the same city for more than 30 years, and I also have a friend who likes to spend her holiday on the same campsite year after year. Personally I prefer to visit a new place instead of going back to the same place. I wouldn't say that I would never go to back to a place where I have already been. If some of the shops, museums etc are closed or if I just don't have enough time to see everything, I might go back for one more visit, but when I have already seen everything several times, I don't feel like going back to same place. I think that there are so many interesting places in this world and I prefer to see as many places as possible. My friend disagrees with me, and she likes to go back to the same place, because she likes it there, and she doesn't know if she would like the place if she went somewhere else. Do you prefer to visit the same place every year or do you prefer to visit a new place? Why? What are the advantages and disadvantages about going back to the same place and the advantages and disadvantages about going to a new place?
@maximax8 (28249)
I prefer to visit a different place every time than go to the same destination time again. There are so many different destinations in the world worth visiting I believe. Therefore I set my self the task of seeing as many of the places on my travel wish list as possible. I was very lucky because I have already visited fifty different countries. Over the years I have built up a list of favorite countries and best loved cities. Sydney is my favorite city and I have been there twice. Cape Town is my second favorite city and I have been there once. Samoa is my favorite country and I have been there once. Australia is my second favorite country and I have been there twice. The advantage of going to the same place is a familiar and comforting feeling. It might be possible to stay in the same accommodation so it would end up being like a home away from home. The person might have made friends in that destination so would have a wonderful time seeing them. The disadvantage is that it might get boring to visit the same sights time and time again. If the destination became more developed then it might come as a nasty shock. The person would miss out on seeing any other places in the world. Just imagine a person lives in Germany and visits Lagos in Portugal every single year of his life. By comparison if he visited many different locations it might be a whole lot more exciting for him. One of my friends goes to Majorca every single year. He looks for relaxation and on my trips I search for some adventure.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
50 countries that is a lot and I think that you are very lucky that you have had the chance to visit so many different places. Yes, there are a lot of interesting places in this world. I have started making a list of the places/countries that I would like to visit. I didn't finish the list yet, but it is already long My friend spends every summer on the same camping site, and it is a nice place, but I think I would get bored and restless if I spent every summer at the same place, because there are so many different places that I would like to see. We have different priorities, my friend likes to go there to relax, and I prefer new experiences.
@tomitomi (5441)
I keep returning to the same place year after year. These are places I grew up as a child, places I've worked and lived in before. They never seem to bore me. First, they take me away from my busy schedule and help me to relax. They teach me that simple life can just be as meaningful and enjoyable. I get to meet lots of friends, share lots of stories and experiences. I get to see life from a different perspective and appreciate many things, many simple things too, I simply don't have the time to where I live now. They help me to become a kid again. And above all, I get to appreciate my family and my kids a lot more. But each time I said "return" I meet with lots of frustration. And these are painted on the faces of my kids.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
I usually prefer to visit new places instead of going back to the same place, but I understand why you want to go back to the same place when you have many friends there. It sounds like a lot of fun to talk and share your experiences.
@ElicBxn (60884)
actually, I like both Now, the roomie's folks drive up to Waco Texas, get a room in the same hotel, even on the same side of the same hotel and then pretty much just stay IN the hotel. That is strange to me. My grandfather used to have a "shore house" in Point Pleasant, New Jersey and every summer we'd go up there. And we LOVED it. We got to go to the beach, the boardwalk, eat foods we couldn't get in Texas, see family, etc., etc. However, every so often, my dad would decide we needed a "road trip." So, that summer, instead of New Jersey, we'd get in the car and drive for hours and hours. Now, that was pretty dull, but we ended up in some really interesting places. I saw the Painted Desert, the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, floated in the Great Salt Lake, saw the Giant Redwoods, went up Pikes Peak. We went to Colonial Williamsburg a LONG time before it became the larger place it is today. I was sick on the edge of the road in the Appalachian Mountains. (turns out that I don't to altitudes and back seats well) So, I really do like them both. When I've been back on New Jersey, we've always stopped by Point Pleasant at least once, walked past the house Pop used to own. Gone for walks on the boardwalk. So, seeing new things is grand, but revisiting old places that bring back memories is also grand.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
Your grandfather's house sounds like a great place. When I was a child my grandparents also had a house that we used to visit. I have a lot of happy memories from that time. I love road trips. My parents also liked to drive around and visit many different places, and I have seen most parts of my country. As an adult I still love to explore new places, and I think I feel that way because my parents and I visited so many different places when I was a child.
@qianyun6 (2069)
For me, I would like to visit different places. Travel to the same place year after year will make me tired. But I think someone have their reasons to visit the same place every year. Maybe they have deep love in that place, they want to be the witness of the place's alteration. Even the same place changes. I think it's interesting to visit the place you visited 5 or 10 years ago. That will feel full of history.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
I think that you are right, and that some people return to the same place because they really love that place and because they find it interesting to see how the place changes over time. My parents feel that way. I was only a small child when they visited their favourite place for the first time and since that time they have been there many, many times. That place has become like a second home to them.
@bonus150 (62)
I will definitely love to visit new place life is short and the world is too amazing, its a waste not to see it as much as you can. Don't get me wrong I would also go back to a place where I really enjoyed and had a good time but I think exploring new place is better because you get to have new experienced. A trip to new place may have a positive or negative results but its a risk we should take. Visiting to new place also gives me adrenalin rush its very exciting to go to a place where you have no idea what to expect. I had an experience once we had a road trip and we didn't really have a destination we ended up lost in a remote place but it was the most amazing time of my life I have seen a community that I never thought existed in our country. The community we had been was very old fashioned they didn't even have electricity but it was really fun have experienced their way of living its so simple and relaxing.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
I also prefer to visit a new place, and I think that it is worth taking the risk. If you choose a place that you already know very well, you know what you'll get, but you miss out on new experiences. Your trip to the remote place sounds interesting. My friends and I love to explore some of the small and unknown places in my country, and I think it is fascinating to see some of those places. A few days ago we went to an island where we hadn't been before, and it was a very nice and peaceful place.
@xeroeight (1061)
I prefer to visit new place every year because I get board if I always go to same place every year its like I don't see new thing it always the same well my family always go to our province and since I was a kid I always see that place every year so I decided to explore our province and started to ask for some mt hiking in near mt. in our province. I think some disadvantage in going to other new place is you need to look for good place and study what to bring and what not to bring in that place and also you need to know what is the nature of that place is it safe or not.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
I feel the same way, and I don't like to go to the same place every year. The place that my parents visit every year is nice, but the problem is I have already seen everything so many times, and I don't find it interesting to visit the same museums again and again or walk around in the same area again and again. Yes, it is true, if it is a new place you have find some information about that place before you go, you have find out how to get there, where to stay etc and you have to think about your safety. In that way it can be less relaxing I guess.
I rarely live the state I'm in so I'd choose a new place. Or frankly, any place. I mean, it's nice to have company come over for the holidays, but I want to go somewhere exotic. Somewhere I've never been before, even if it was just another state. I'd love to visit Virginia Beach. I've heard it's nice there.
@Porcospino (17802)
• Denmark
I also love visiting a new place. It doesn't have to be that far away, as long as it's a new place it is interesting, I think. I hope you'll get a chance to visit Virginia Beach
@jamed28 (1909)
Well it depends if a place is really memorable to me. And also if the holiday is match to the place then I'll be coming to that place again and again.
i have ocd so i tend to gravitate towards the things i can count on. when i go to the same places for my vacations, it's easier for me to plan an itinerary and that way, i get to save a bit more money and time, that's me trying to have a relaxing time. when you go to a new place, it's for adventure. there's always fear mixed with excitement, there are times when i like that feeling because you know you're being brave and whatever happens, you're gonna emerge knowing more than before. it really depends on the feel you want your vacation to take.
@baifuwa (636)
I like to go the difference places for spending my holiday.But now i have not been to any other places because of lack of money.
• Vietnam
i prefer to visit a new place, because i think i will have a lot of new advantage and nice scenes, or new experiences.
While everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love visiting and exploring new places. It gives me a kind of thrill to go to an unknown. However, one place, nay two places which I love visiting again and again and yet not bored is Yercaud and Tirumala/Tirupati. both these places have some kind of magical effect on me. I am pulled out of my busy schedule when I get a chance to visit these places. Not many people like Yercaud., even my friends wonder, what is so special about the place, but I do not know, something keeps calling me there. Tirumala/Tirupati is a must visit for me at least once a year. Whenever I am downcast, a visit to one of these places works like magic on me and I am back to my best.