My Ponchi was Roll over by a Car Tire :-(

Hello my Lotters, I've been out of connection for days so i wasn't able to tell you this. i remember going home from my brother's house and since the gate is almost half open, he has a tendency to leave the house and hangs out. what i fear the most is his way of going under vehicles, when ever i approach him he ran away. i sat down waiting for him to go back inside as he keeps on looking here and there. then I witness the horrible thing, he went under a car and the CAR'S TIRE ROLL over HIM but the good news is that the car run slow as it was looking for parking space., I noticed that in my own eyes as he rans for cover enduring the pain, Yes He's still alive. i prayed that he won't DIE. And he didn't but that's probably the last time he's going outside the gate, HE NEVER LEFT the HOUSE AGAIN My Poor Poor Ponchi. well, that makes ponchi having eight lives left.......
@LadyMarissa (12162)
BEWARE... Like a child, he will soon forget the pain & how scared he was & he will do it again!!! So, as a good parent, you should start to give him a little reminder training!!! Even though cats are very independent & listen very little, they can be trained if you work at it. A squirt bottle filled with water & something that makes a loud noise will usually get their attention. Plus a cat treat when they do good helps!!! I have 2 cats & they now come when I snap my fingers. One of my boys still challenges me every so often, but when I bow up at him & the stream of water hits him, he backs down & behaves. My guys are strictly indoor cats, but I have had outdoor cats before & even they learned that Mommy was BOSS!!! While he is still scared & hurting, it might be a good time to try & make him an indoor cat...for his own good!!!
I don't like it Marissa, i can't because my mom has asthma, well, i'd be around from time to time and am sure he learned his lesson. it's been a week though but i haven't seen go near the gate ever but that tire went over his spine, and that's horrible exprience, but i will take your advice, but i don't want to scare my cat.
Either i do what you think you want me to do or he will surely run away when he grows older.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
THANK YOU FOR THE BR!!!
@mspitot (3834)
thank god he's okay....poor ponchi, he looks like he's still a kitten.
@mspitot (3834)
yes....he looks small in the picture. i guess your monchi will be more careful next time.
@mentalward (14697)
Awww, poor Ponchi! I hope he recovers well and never ventures out again! Cats always seem to get into trouble when they go outside. I have a cat who is allowed to come and go as he pleases. We have a "doggie door" in our back door to allow my dogs to go out whenever they want but they can't go farther than the deck just outside the door. The cat, however, can jump over the gate and wander around outside anywhere he wants. We live in the country so there is not a lot of traffic, but Bean (my cat) is always getting into some kind of trouble. He comes home limping quite often because he's hurt a leg somehow. I know that he fights with a lot of the wildlife like squirrels, chipmunks and other cats in the area which is how he probably hurts his leg. When he first came here as a stray, he had a very large cut on his front leg. It was very swollen and infected. I tended to it and it healed very well but it just goes to show that cats are always getting into trouble when they go outside. I guess that's why they say that cats have nine lives because they can get into so much trouble but still recover quite nicely, then go do it all over again. You would think they would learn to stay inside, wouldn't you? I hope that Ponchi has learned his lesson and stays inside from now on!
hello ward, He is he is. i wouldn't mind if he hangs out on the roofs, because that's where the bigger cats go or would have a territorial fight with him there but it's better than standing against a running away vehicle. i couldn't believe his spine was run over by a big car. but survived. am glad he's not going out anymore.
@crazydaisy (3899)
I am sorry for your Ponchi but I am glad he's still alive I know how you feel it's very upsetting I got 4 cats and a dog I still get upset eeing any animal that's been hit it dosen't have to be a dog or cat, cd
@skysuccess (8882)
LetranKnight25, Sorry to hear this and I hope that he is alright. I am sure that he will be keeping his balance well since he lost one to his own willfulness. Take care of him and all the best.
Hello sky, He is fine and recovered but i let him rest i didn't took him to a vet because i didn't have the money. am glad he didn't die. am sure his a lot careful now and learned his own lessons. i am taking good care of him and talk to him all the time.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi Letran~ OMG! Poor Ponchi! You have to be much more careful with Ponchi! He probably learned his lesson, the hard way! But, are you sure he is alright? Did you take him to a Vet? Are you sure he didn't hurt his insides? You really need to take him to a Vet to be checked out and I know you can't afford it, but Ponchi might have a serious injury if he is in bad pain! I am very upset that you didn't take better care of Ponchi and make sure that he didn't get out! Please let me know how he is doing!
hello Opal, I didn't i don't have the money to afford vet care. i believe his alright now, he's doing what he use to do like going near me as if i have food everytime i go out of the house It's not my fault the gate was opened probably when my cousin led a whole there that he didn't realize he(ponchi) was going out. FYI. i have been taking care of him since the day he adopted him. this cat had been abused when i adopted him so i make sure it doesn't happen to him again.
@Luwiego (623)
• Israel
Its painful to see your pet like this... My self i have a cat (name LUCKY). He never goes outside because hes afraid of the outside world(Good thing). Unless i go to my moms house where is a fence with own property (i live cottage near street).
@ckyera (17261)
aw! so sorry to hear about what happen to your Ponchi! but good that he's alive! so what did you do after? did you comfort him to at least ease the pain he's feeling? huh! i remember back then i have a puppy and he's so active running here and there but one time he got misfortune and hit by a hmmm pedicab? haha yeah its just a pedicab but it rolls on him and i also saw him rolling...and after that he screams so loud and still crying of pain running back home...i feel like he got some broken ribs or bones but good that its not, i ran to him as well and massage the stomach part where the tires pass and there he find comfort and stop crying...its hurtful to see our pets being hurt. thanks that he didn't die with that accident and he still lives with us for a longer time. i hope everything will be fine for you ponchi and i hope that he have learned his lessons? hehe do take care of him.
hello ckyera, at first he felt he needed to be alone but i slowly comforted him and slowly he starts to comfort with me back. i did massage him too but at first, he likes to growl a lot when ever i touch him but he stop growling because i know he's alright. he even meows when ever i talk to him. his really nice cat and only goes with me when it comes to food
I felt sad about this one. How big is Ponchi? If he or she is a kitten then his or her vital organs were squeezed by the tire. They can survive but the cat will suffer a lot. Mostly the organ that are very sensitive on them is liver. Once the liver is affected they will be sickly and weak. Kindly describe what is happening with Ponchi now. Car tire is very heavy, if he or she suffered bad she or he can no longer run away to save himself/ herself. But it seems he or she can , I really hope that he or she can survive.
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Poor little kitty! I am so please to hear that he survived and I hope he will be okay. The fact he got ran over might have caused him some serious injury and I hope it will not be anything permanent. My cats do not leave the house and they will only be allowed on the balcony once we manage to get it fully covered with special gauze-type material which they can climb but not get out of. I am to afraid something might happen to them otherwise and I would never forgive myself if I hadn't taking precautions. Best of luck for your kitty!