Where can P50,000 afford to go?

@maean_19 (4662)
I want to travel maybe here in the Philippines or some nearby countries. However, my budget is tight only to P50,000. If you are in my shoes or situation, what places can your budget go? I want responses which are based on their experiences in traveling. If I desire to go to Macau, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand, will my budget be sufficient for the plane ticket, accommodation and tour in that certain place? Share to me your traveling stories.
At that amount, you can already go to Hong Kong and have enough for a few days' lodging and a bit of shopping. I've not been to Hong Kong but my friend has and she spent less than that. Her expenses covered round-trip tickets, accommodation for 4 days, and shopping money. She and her friends did not avail of a tour and instead explored the city themselves on foot and via train.
@maean_19 (4662)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I forgot to mention actually that Hong Kong is not part of the choices because I had been there. Well, your friend is right, P50,000 travel budget in Hong Kong is more than enough. Thanks anyways.
your budget is enough for macau Singapore or thailand.. but it depends too on your itineraries..If you go for shopping just add/ sheel out some additional bucks... But I guess It's enough for macau too... Try to book your ticket and hotel online.. It's quite cheaper as compared to getting your ticket through travel agencies.. Have a nice vacation!!!
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
if i were to choose from among the places you mentioned, i think i will go to Bangkok, Thailand. i think the amount is sufficient enough to go to any of these places. i just prefer Bangkok since the other places are much frequented by tourist, as what i have heard, like Singapore and Hong Kong.
@maximax8 (28490)
I think that you could research cheap flights that go to Hong Kong, Singapore or Bangkok. If you look in budget minded travel guide books like Lonely Planet South East Asia on a Shoestring you will be able to find low priced accommodation. I think with your budget you might be able to afford a flight to Bangkok: three days in Bangkok and two day at a near to there island. Japan would probably work out too expensive for your budget. Malaysia has bargain accommodation and you might be able to go there from Singapore if you find a cheap flight there. Maybe you could visit Indonesia. I found Sumatra a real bargain to travel around. Good luck.
@doggydimon (1373)
PHP50,000 is a lot if you wanna go to the nearby countries. If you are into backpacking, you can go a long long way. Here are some of my suggestions for that amount of money. You can combine two countries or 3 countries even with that amount. First, you can go Macau, Hongkong and Shenzhen for a 4 day or 5 day tour. Try to find the cheapest available flight from Cebu Pacific. You can go Manila-Macau and Hongkong-Manila on your way back. You can take a ferry from Macau to Hongkong. And in Hongkong, you can take a side trip to Shenzhen to see what it has to offer. with your budget, you can sleep in a 3 star hotel in Macau and Hongkong with lots of money to spare for food and shopping. Next, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand you say? With PHP50,000, you can go to this 3 countries in 1 swoop. I did this 3 years ago. I went to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Phuket in one trip for 6 days. And it only costed me PHP28,000!!! But you have to scout for the promo fares of Air Asia to achieve that. Otherwise your budget may be PHP35,000 or more. You don't have to worry though because it is still in your budget. You can make a combination if you like. One combination is the one I took or you can exchange Phuket for Bangkok or Chiang Mai. And you can exchange Kuala Lumpur for Kota Kinabalu. The key here is use Air Asia. You can save a lot. Also use budget hotels for your trip to save money or book in advance to get some great deals. Imagine for PHP28,000 we did have the tours and we had partied every night of our trip. If you want, you can replace Thailand with Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar. That will cost more but well within your budget. As for Japan, even you take a budget airline, I think that won't be enough. But if you want, you can replace it with Beijing or Seoul. These 2 cities have great attractions also but less expensive than Japan. If you time it right with the promos, you can have a side trip to Shanghai from Beijing and stil at a budget of PHP50,000. Again, the key would be your airfare to Beijing and Seoul via Cebu Pacific. And let us see the new flights of Air Asia Philippines if they have budget flights to Beijing and Seoul.