Salaries for classroom teachers

Israel
What is the salary now for English teachers in your country. Would you call it a living wage that you can really rely upon to pay the bills? Or do teachers in your country have to work other jobs as well to put food on the table?
I am an indian and in my country teaching is a good profession..on can easily make his living by teaching more over its a business here in the name of coaching classes for clearing various entrance examination for engineering and medical field.
• Israel
I wish that the rest of the world felt that way about teachers. I have heard that in many parts of the world, teachers have to have more than one job in order to break even and support their families. The trick is to find the right teaching job that pays well and doesn't tire you out too much!
@max1950 (2313)
ON AVERAGE 67,000 USD ACCORDING TO www.indeed.com/salary/q-English-Teacher-l-United-States
• Israel
What location is that? I barely earned $800 last year in Israel
@llbo1981 (1242)
The salaries of english teacher in our country become higher and higher.English is the world's most popular language,so the english teacher is the most popular teacher in school.They are respected by so many people.The salaries of english teacher is the middle income people of our country.
In both the UK and here in Spain teaching is a good career choice if you are working in a local authority or private education school. If you are talking about doing it freelance I suppose it depends on how good you are at marketing yourself. I would love to teach people English but I don't know anyone who wants to pay me to learn it.
Apparently the wages of teachers here in our country is not that enough, perhaps 15,000-18,000 depending on his/her position at school... Living wage? hmmm... perhaps not, not even enough to pay the bills at home when there are times of crisis... Maybe just enough to feed your family 3 times a day.