World Cup Analysis: Will this be Spain's year?

@ram_cv (16516)
Spain has been the nearly team of World Football for quite some time now. In the Euros we saw Spain break the voodoo and win a major trophy finally. Their brand of football is a joy to watch with the attacking and passing game that is simply fun. They also happen to be probably the last of the major teams to still continue to play with two up front in Villa and Torres. And then you have the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Alonso in the middle with Puyol manning the defence in front of the ever reliable Casillas. What do you think about Spain's chances at the world cup? Cheers! Ram
@sjlskl (3385)
Spain will without doubt be a hot favourite, but I don't think they will win it thou. I will place my bet on either a South America winner or a "never won it before" European country. And my choice, Argentina or Netherlands.
@ram_cv (16516)
Ah!! History states that in any continent either a team from that continent or Brazil wins the world cup. So by history Brazil are the favorites!! Cheers! Ram
I think that Spain will do ok but they need to get Torres fit. They did not have him playing in the confederations cup and they lost to the USA in that. Everyone seems to go for Spain but i think that Brazil are the favourites. They won the confederations cup in South Africa last year and are on a good winning run. I would love to see England win but we will need a lot of luck and all our players to play out of their skin to do it.
@ram_cv (16516)
I think the result against USA at the confederations cup was more a freak result. I do not think Torres would have made much of a difference on that night. Cheers! Ram
@thekelz (277)
For me Spain are definately the team to beat. The way they play the ball about in the middle of the park is sensational.There is no better midfielders than Xavi and Iniesta. And behind England I want Spain to win it.
@ram_cv (16516)
Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso all three of them have great vision in picking up a pass and that makes the midfield of Spain very dangerous especially when Villa and Torres are making penetrative runs. Cheers! Ram
@TeamCholent (2843)
I haven't really looked at how things go after the group stages but Spain has the talent to win, there is no doubt but I don't think they will. They better play well in the World Cup, did you see them in the Confed Cup? Against South Africa they were shocking and then losing to USA! Call me crazy but I fell if Drogba is playing and up to his usual self then watch out for Ivory Coast! An African team always shine and they have a lot going for them.
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, that was the old Spain that we saw in the Confed cup, one which chokes in major tournaments. We need to see which Spain turns up at the World Cup!! Cheers! Ram