Some people really don't care about a job

Although the previous advertising campaign saying the unemployment has significantly decreased, but it was more than an promotion, than a fact. Still, finding a job is not that easy. At work, there were some new employees, but they only last long about a week. On the next day, or so, they won't show up again. It seems that they don't like the job, or they simply need the money. Oh well, I guess the human resource department should keep on looking for reliable personnel.
@kquiming (2999)
yeah, i myself am picky when it comes to jobs... well i'm not saying i'm proud of it, but at least i'm honest. and when i find something that i really like, i give my 101 percent to it.
So, if you don't like that job on the first day, you simply won't show up the next day? Or at least you call your supervisor, and telling him/her, "Sorry, I don't like it, can I just make it my last?"
@kquiming (2999)
no because i don't sign the contract in the first place , they have to be upfront with me and give me the job details first, the scope of the responsibility, salary, benefits, etc.... the usual application process here in employment is interview first, then aptitude exam, then another interview, and then the job offer. it could take up to 2 or 3 days to finish the entire process. thing is, i don't mind having my time wasted if the final interview (or what we call the job offer) does not meet my expectations.
@allamgirl (2145)
i'm probably one of those people. i don't really care about my job and the only thing that i like about my job is my shift schedule because i don't have to wake up so early in the morning. sometimes i think about quitting my job, but i don't really know what job i want to take so i just stick with my job. it's easy enough, so it's bearable.
@sallyj (1228)
Back in the seventies i worked at a shop that i got to where i did not even ask their name unless they worked a week. They would hire 10 and maybe 2 would stay. But with the economy now, i can not imagine that people would not work til they found another job.