BAD Customer service!!!

Australia
So I was waiting to be served at Hungry Jacks today (Burger King to those in the US & Canada) It took about 5-10 mins just to get served & there was hardly any one there!! The girls infront of me were waiting for their food & they were workers on a break or who had finished their shift & the girl who served them was just standing around talking to them & when she had finished talking to them, her & the others that were supposed to be serving were just waiting for the food to come out that other people had ordered...with that happening, don't you think that the best thing would be to serve the people you can see are waiting to order rather than wait for the food that has been ordered?? I work as a waitress so when I am waiting on food, I serve anyone I can see is waiting or I do some other work while I'm waiting...there is no need to stand around talking & waiting for food...to me, this is bad customer service... Have you experienced bad customer service lately?
@max1950 (2313)
the last 2 times i went to burger king in florida i waited long enough to tell them keep your breakfast i could have went to a diner sat down ate and left by the time my meal was served. if they see people in line waiting, i dont care if they are on break, help out, and thats why i will "never" return to a burger king again.
@max1950 (2313)
thats very true about the youngsters BUT there's always a manager somewhere on the premises , and if he doesn't care if i take my business elsewhere, so be it.
@hvedra (1623)
There is no excuse for bad service - other than we are sometimes daft enough to put up with it. Strangely enough I was reading an interview with Mary Portas today (she's a retail guru and troubleshooter) who said that bad service was unacceptable and that the best thing we can do is walk out and take our custom elsewhere.
I agree & I almost did walk out before I was served but I didn't want to disappoint my 3 year old daughter who was looking forward to some fries.
@megamatt (14327)
Yes, I have had my share of bad customer service in the past. I think clearing up a bill that had a mistake on it and all the hoops that I had to jump through to do that would be the most obvious thing for sure. I e-mailed the place and then they e-mailed me back a phone number to call. Okay, that's all well and good, fine so I then had to call the person. I had to wait on the phone for some time to actually talk to a real person. Always a winner of a situation. Then when I got the person, they spent an insane amount of time checking on things, so long that I think I actually had to call them back. Once everything was in order, I then found out that I had to e-mail the same person that told me to call them to get this entire mess sorted out. You would think that people would get their act straight. However, thinking that might have been my fault. That would be a bit too logical. I got everything sorted out, thankfully. Even though it took quite a go around. Thankfully I had not had to deal with anything like that again. Of course, who knows what the future might bring. Still that's quite the horrible customer service, dealing with them over the phone. I actually shudder to think what it might have been like in person.
Now that really annoys me when I get the run around like that...I have worked in call centers before & have learned that 9 times out of 10, the people giving you the info over the phone have never worked in the customer service center for that company & so they don't really know what's going on & only give you the info they can find on their computer database.