what if your bestfriend loves you?

hello guys, i just wanna share this lil problem, well i think its not a problem at all, but makes me sad though.. i have a bestfriend and he just confess to me last two days how he feels and how he got hurt whenever i talk about my boyfriend.. yeah, my bestfriend is a boy.. it didn't crossed my mind that he will fall for me.. :o he cried last night.. it makes me sad.. :( i told him that i love him too.. but my love for him is like a brother-sister love.. now its looks like we got a gap to each other.. yeah it makes me sad, cause i really love my best friend but not kind of love he wants.. i want to bring back the closeness we had but i think its better if i'll just stay away from him, but not too far though.. im still his friend.. aahh.. this is the reason why i'm not active in mylot this past days.. it looks like my mind is flying and i dont understand everything i read here..
@thanks1961 (7046)
This is a common phenomenon. This is a decisive state of affair. You are now playing with your real life. Friend is indeed, a friend only. But you have someone in your mind and you both are so deep in love and you both are decided to live for ever as hus/wife. If I am right, he is now about 4000 miles away from you and you are still missing a lot. He is working/studying in the US and each and every moment dreaming about you etc. etc..... Here now, your friend need you as your life partener (I am not sure) but he wants to love you (..) You said no, you are already made your plans for you for future. Now, for hime this is a news or a real information. And your frined SHOULD understand that you are already booked (in our regional usage). If he is a good frined and well wisher, he will not trouble you any more. He may having the feeling of missing you, but you should make him to understand the seriousness. If you are not at all bothered, and not taken into serious, things will change and your friend will exploit the situation, and the US person will be getting cheated (you understand what I mean). So, don't give a chance to the UK person to betrayed and call your frined and tell VERY OPENLY that you cannot proceed such a relationship. If you are not telling it NOW, and this is the right time to tell your frined. Later he will take the situation as a best change and . . . . read me what you can. I think you will resolve the situation nicely. Best of luck and cheers. Regards, Thank-s
Hi There are few spelling mistakes in my earlier post. Before doing the spell check I directly posted. Please excuse me. Thank-s
@pooja30 (203)
I did the same thing to my best friend a while back. And it was more complicated because my boyfriend then was his best friend too. Chances are, your best friend probably doesn't want to feel the way he does about you, but it's not really something that's under his control right? Because even if he does love you, he probably treasures your friendship with him more than anything that may or may not happen in the future. And I know the most logical thing you can do right now is to stay away from him, but that might just make it worse for him, and for you, because then the two of you are missing your best friends. Just try and be there for him, the way you normally are, and give it some time. It'll resolve itself, and hopefully your friendship will stay the same for a long time to come :)
you can't love him back the way he do to you at this time, but eventually you will develop a feelings toward him. don't force the situation. let him understand that in due time you can be lovers. continue to blosoom your friend and nurture it with love. partners ought to be not only lovers but also bestfriends... I am sure you can be a perfect couple.
@med889 (5958)
I think you have to let time heals it all because it is the only best solution available,he will understand by himself and he may come to talk to you himself when he will realized the whole fact that you are already in love with someone else.