Walmart and prejudice coupons?

@laglen (19782)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37637236#37592475 A lady took a flyer into Walmart for a great deal on chicken. She was told that they do not match prices with Mexican stores as their product is inferior. What?? they store in question, has seven chains. Walmart apologized and said they are trying to fix the problem. What would you have done in the situation?
OMG!!! Who would even THINK of buying meat at Walmart??? I sure wouldnt. I dont like Walmart either. They closed off a store because the employees tried to get the Union in. I hate the idea of how those stores are run. Do they still have their little "Kumbaya" in the morning? Ive noticed that their prices go UP whenever they talk about cutting the prices down. I can always find what Im looking for cheaper at another store, if not, then I'll go to the mom and pop store and tell them Walmart is selling the same at a lower price and they always give it to me at the same price. Oh how sweet of Walmart to apologize and let her buy the chicken at the lower price......yeah B/S!!
@laglen (19782)
Dont beat around the bush... tell me how you really feel! We have no mom and pops around here just safeway and king soopers. So if I want to pay triple I can go to them. But I dont, I am quite cheap, I go to Walmart
Nah wont tell you lol. Hey its ok if the only place you can buy at a good price is Walmart....you should buy there, why pay more? There, there, its ok
@laglen (19782)
lol but someday soon, I will beout from under the walmart thumb. We will be moving to a town that doesnt gasp have a walmart!
@bobmnu (8160)
Have you ever tried to comparison shop a computer? I was looking for a computer that I saw in one store, it had a 500GB hard drive and a 4 GB Ram. When I checked another store and found the same computer, or so I thought. The first store had the same brand but it was a model 6205 and the next store was a 6220, while a third store was the 6200. Walmart should have honored the price ONLY if it was the same brand. If they don't they will have to sell the brand name for the generic price. Consider this way, you will be paid the same as a person doing the same job but in a different city. The clerk in Los Angles, California gets paid the same as the clerk in Cody, Wyoming. Would that be fair? No it would not because it is not comparing similar environments. The Cost of living in Cs much higher than in Cody WY. Price match should be on the same brand.
@laglen (19782)
hhmmm I dont recall them calling the brand name into question and I know our Walmarts here (yeah two) will give you the match on a comparable product.
@skysuccess (8882)
laglen, I would definitely be calling for both local television news network, local newspapers and the consumer protection department. And, if Walmart could make such a public apology over their stunt then I am sure that the lady would have every right to claim for her inconveniences and expenses of her trip in the form of cash or shopping vouchers. As this is clearly indicative that Walmart is fully responsible for whatever had befallen and all inconveniences.
@laglen (19782)
But she got her discount. That day.