how to teach your puppy to poop outside? :o

im getting tired cleaning those poops of my brother's dog! duh.. i hate the smell and makes me really choke.. i have no choice but to clean those cause my bro is always at work or else i will smell those sh*t poops all day long.. so what are your ways? can you help me?
It would be really a hard work if you're doing it daily. And if you do it with no interest, then sure it'll be a tough job. I'm not going to explain in detail and different types of solutions for this problem. Let me tell you only one idea. Try that. I use a spray known as "Get Off". It is used for solving these types of prob. It is an highly effective treatment that can be used in both indoor and outdoors. That spray contains harmless but highly effective detterent scents that will discourages cats and dogs from further fouling or marking in same place. I tried it for my new adult german shepherd. It worked greatly and it was trained now. Just have a try. Search on your locality for this type of product. Work is just plain simple to do. But you'll get great relief. P.S: And don forget to bring dog outside for their toilet issues after 1 or 2 hours, once you spray it inside. According to my guess, 3 to 7 days training enough for your dog to go toilet outside. For my german shepherd, it took one day.
puppies should be crate trained if owner is not home often. most dogs will not poop if there are in small area. when you get home immediately take puppy outside let them do their business give them a treat right there after the deed is done. every time they potty in house take outside then back to crate. doesn't take long to train them. my 7 month rottie got it in about week and a half. pit bull got it sooner. personally i think males are easier to train-just my opinion/hope that helps.
@fifileigh (3619)
there are pet training pads in pet stores, or pet sections of stores. they look like flat diapers. u open it up, and place it where they usually go to pee. and they will pee on it, like a cat's litter box. it is more useful for peeing. but pooping works too. i used to use it on my late shihtzus.
@mspitot (3833)
hmmm...before my cousin had a dog and it used to bark telling us he needs to jebs...and that's it. my uncle and my cousin would bring the dog to where it's supposed to jebs.
@cortjo73 (6500)
If I remember correctly, when my dog (as a puppy) would poo in our house, we would scold him, show him the mess he made by putting his nose close to it...if you don't like the smell of it, neither will he...take him outside to show him that outside is where he needs to go when he has to poo or pee, then we would punish him in his crate (cage) in the house for 10 or 15 minutes. Soon, he started to understand that there were consequences to pooing in the house and he learned to ask to go outside, or hold it, when he had to go. Also, get him used to a schedule. Start off by letting him outside, or taking him outside, every 30 minutes. That will help him realize that outside is where he is supposed to go. Then start to take him outside less often. Maybe every hour, than every hour and a half, every 2 hours, etc...Once trained, a dog can hold it for a while. My dog had to learn to hold it for 8 or more hours because my hubby and I were both working. Just be diligent. Be consistent. Don't back down with the training or that bad behavior will persist. I have seen people who just keep cleaning up their dog's messes without properly training the dog the right behavior. If you don't want it to continue to happen, make sure that it doesn't. The dog won't learn on his own. You and your brother have to teach him. And, make sure that your brother takes the time to teach him too. Don't let him get away with making you the rule enforcer. It is his dog. While he is away, it should fall to you to teach the dog because you are the only one who can at that time of day. But, when he is home, make sure your brother knows that it is his responsibility to look after, nurture and teach his dog. In a way, you sort of have to teach your brother too. Another suggestion is loud noises. Animals don't really like loud noises. They feel threatened and it is a good way to discourage bad behavior. When the dog poos in the house, slam something. We would slam a newspaper on a table, stomp our foot, clap our hands loudly or even shake pennies in a metal can. If they know that there will be a loud noise when they poo in the house, they will think twice about it. Good luck. Don't get discouraged. Training a dog does take time. The behavior will continue to happen for a little while but, it will get less and less until it stops completely. And, seriously...train your brother too.
First, you have to take note of what time usually your pet poop within a day. Then schedule to bring your pet outside before the time that he usually poop. Continue to do that and your pet will eventually realize that he has to go outside before he poop. If it still doesn't work, you have to say "NO" every time your pet poop inside your house then put him outside so that he may continue his poop there. Remember that you have to be consistent on your orders to him. Good luck! ^_^
@smacksman (6074)
First you need to need to learn how your puppy looks when it is about to do a poo. Then pick it up quickly and take it outside to a special place that you will use for his latrine. Give him a lot of praise when he poos outside. Give him a little light scolding when he wees or poos inside - he will know from the tone of your voice he has done wrong. But always remember, he can't help it if he can't get outside in time and he was used to his mother cleaning up after him. (so what's new about that I hear you say! haha) He will poo first thing in the morning, after a meal, when he wakes after a snooze and last thing at night. At those times and at other times when you have a moment, take him out and watch carefully. Just as he squats down say 'Do wees' or 'Do poos' and when he does perform, give him lots of praise. Have a bucket with disinfectant, brush and a spatular to scape up the poos into some waste paper. Have it ready at all times. Puppies are much like babies. They need a lot of time training them but it is time well spent. Frankly speaking, if you are not prepared to spend a lot of time in training then you shouldn't have a puppy (or a baby for that matter). In a month or two puppy will have learned and those troubles will be over ready for more troubles to come! haha