Do ants ply your laptop?

@eileenleyva (10984)
Guys, I know I am lazy but I do clean the computer stuff. And I ban the food and beverage around the area. Still, every now and then, I see tiny creatures called ants coursing through the keys or the screen. Any theory on why these six=legged insects love my laptop so much? Do they ply yours, too?
@elrvld (122)
• Argentina
Maybe there are some crumbs in your keyboard or near of it, I've never had that situation, but I think it's because of that. If what you see it's too little, more than an ant, then it's another kind of bug!
hi Eileen I do not have a laptop, but surely you must have had a few crumbs of something ants love. Watch them and see if you can tell where they are coming from then sprinkle some boric acid crystals on their trail and the ants will go back where they came from as for whatever reason they do not like boric acid powder. but do not use this in your laptop at all. I dont know why they would like a laptop unless the screen feels warm, and the like the warmth, just guessing here of course. lol.
should be and they like the warmth. why is it I always miss a typp until I have already hit the post comment.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, eileenleyva. I was thinking that maybe there are some unhidden crumbs that are inside of your keyboard. You may not see it, but the ants can detect it. Maybe something sweet was spilled inside of your keyboard. Ants love sweet scents, they are drawn to it.
@nangisha (3504)
Hei eileen..................... Maybe they planing to nesting inside your laptop or already did . Its just possibility but you should check it. I don't have case like that maybe your laptop just sweet.
@chanlot (191)
Hahaha .... maybe in your laptop contain sugar, so many ants coming into your laptop. Honestly I've never experienced it ... (there are ants on the laptop), only the dust that often contaminate my laptop and I clean my laptop every two days.
@sublime03 (1811)
I do not have ants on mine but my brother and my moms laptop had ants on it. We asked her if she was eating while doing stuff on her computer and she says she doesn't. I still cannot figure it out but wants to check on the net why they do and how to avoid them. Of course it would be hard to stop them once they crawl inside the computer.
That is really strange! I have never found any living creatures exploring my keyboard or screen!. Perhaps your laptop is alive and is having a live conversation with them! Just a theory! I like to keep my computer keyboard clean and I give it a spray on a regular basis using that air duster can! I'm also wondering whether you live out in the wild, in nature I mean and perhaps you keep your doors open in the height of summer and all manner of creatures then gain access, in your case these ants! It's interesting all the same and perhaps there is a science behind it! Andrew
@jpso138 (7868)
I usually leave my laptop on the table even when I am not using them. There were instances that I have seen some ants coming out from the inside of my laptop. I was really concerned and have asked someone to check it out. Luckily there was no damaged created. Now, I never leave my laptop on any table after using. I always place it inside its bag.
@qianyun6 (2069)
There's also lots of ants in my home and my family is suffered by them. They damage our food! We have tried many methods to kill them but never wipe them up. But it seems they aren't interested in my computer. I don't know why your laptop attracts them.
@srganesh (6349)
No! I haven't seen any ants like that from my laptop. I don't use to eat anything near it as you. But once I happened to saw a spider running out from my CPU,when I got my desktop computer. Then I immediately give a rough cleaning to my Cpu and there ends the matter.
i really get annoyed with the creepy crawlers feasting my keyboard. when i get annoyed because of this i just think that i have sweet fingertips. haha. maybe the sugar emitted through sweat is the reason. our fingers and palms or simply our hands sweat too. you mentioned that you ban food and drink in your work area, i wonder too why are they on your keyboard.
I've noticed how ants love to scurry and hide in my sister's netbook, but not in my own laptop. I don't know what they're picky about, but hers is made of a plastic polymer and mine is more steely, so I guess it has something to do with that. I also have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with the heat, and where you keep your laptop (ie, in a place where it is more accessible to ants, like the floor, which my sis does). Get one of those USB mini-vacuums from your computer shop. We sure did enjoy sucking those little critters out :)
Maybe it is a warm place for them. Here in Queensland at the moment we are having a plague of geckos that hide in computers and air conditioners. Of course in the computer they get fried and usually fry the computer too. A gecko is a small type of lizard and computer repairmen are finding lots.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I also keep my computer area clean at all times. I don't see six legged insects around computer. We do see from time to time nats. We have no idea where they come from but they can be so annoying. It usually happens once the weather changes from winter to spring.
Hi eileen, once a computer technician told me that his client once called him to attend his PC, which had stopped working. He found out that ants had eaten up the Hard Disk and some other components too. He found some pieces of sweets. The reason was that his client was very particulars of saying his daily prayers. After doing it, he was keeping some portion of the offering on the PC as well. Ants carried it inside and that was the reason the devoured the components as well. As you say, you ban food and beverage around the area then there is no reason the ants should come near the laptop. However, ants are omnipresent. I did find these insects crawling on my lappy too.