how to get rid of phobias?

hello there.. i really wanna get rid of my different phobias but everytime i want to its like its getting worse.. :( i have different phobias, phobias with frogs, rats, flying cockroach.. and even dark.. :( i dunno why.. :(
hi reg, Well like you I have certain phobias too.I'm scared of the dark too(in fact I did start a discussion about it).They said the only thing to get rid of it is to face it...I am trying to get rid of my fear of the dark - I don't know why too..still trying though.But I don't think so I can face snakes LOL....
aww.. me too.. i might die when i see snake so near to me.. :o
@mspitot (3833)
i think you should expose yourself more to those that scares you. have someone to be with you when you do it so they can help you.
@soulburn (414)
Hello! We all have our fears and if we know how ,we can get rid of them and be pretty much happier. But living without fear will be a little odd[ i don't really think there's something like that..we are all scared of something] I was suffering from extreme acrophobia and I got rid of it by climbing on my house. I forgot how this therapy was called but it worked for me. I have also a fear of snakes ,dogs ,tight spaces and serious relationships :) You should go check a psychiatrist to get high quality ,professional help.It's the safe way to go.
@sender621 (14956)
We all have diiferent phobias. We all have our ways of reacting to them. I believe there is only truly one way to rid yourself of any phobias you may have. The only way to rid yourself of a phobia is to confront it. Once you have faced your phobia, it's power and control over you is diminished. You wll have your life back again.
@jimeny (640)
• Israel
Best way I found is to confront it! I used to be afraid of spiders, but then my uncle showed me how to play a 'yo-yo' with a spider. I was not afraid of spiders ever since...