Have you ever wondered where your clothes and accessories were made from?

@cream97 (29175)
I was just looking at my clothing tags and I have seen many countries that has made the clothes that I wear. These countries are India, Chile, Thailand, and China. There are many other countries too. I am very amazed because I have lived all of my life in The United States, and I have never visited another country in my life. It is just something that our clothes and accessories have been made many many miles away from our home town. If some people are from these countries, then, they are used to seeing this. Don't you just find it amazing that the clothes that you wear is made from another country?
hi crime yes indeed I see many items of clothing I have bought'come rrom all over the world although I also live in the United States. we have this unfair thing about outsourcing jobs to other countries so if you wanted to buy American you would be hard put to do so. I also have never been to another country save Canada and that a long time back.
how did I manage such a stupid type should be hi Cream oh sorry thats just awful. wow.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello cream. Most of my clothes are made in China, but I also have some made in other countries. China provides a huge market for garments, e-products and many other lines of items. So I am quite used to seeing the label Made in China on ready-made products of any kind.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
The vast majority of clothing here in Australia is made in Asian countries like China, Taiwan and Thailand. Some are being made in India now I think too. Even though the companies may be Australian owned and based here, they get their products made in Asia because it is far cheaper to do so.
• Japan
Yeah most of my clothes come from China. I guess its just cheaper there to make and ship.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Cream, Yes my wardrobe consists ofclothes from many countries too, as as in UK some of mine are from the USA lol. Huggles. Ellie :D
Well it's an interesting Geography lesson for kids that's for sure! However, I do find it disturbing that next to nothing is made in the USA anymore. Between, places wanting higher profits, lower wages, and work around environmental laws I guess thats why they've left our shores for other countries.
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yes, sometimes I look. It's amazing, but at the same time somewhat disturbing. Most of our textile jobs have gone overseas. If those jobs are being replaced with other jobs, OK, but I wonder...
@julyteen (13265)
• Davao, Philippines
Before when I was in the Philippines I am brand conscious but it's different now here in my new location because I can't roam to different places. No need to buy branded clothes. I will be brand conscious again when I come back to my country after 2 years. Here in my present location people wear mostly from China. I love to wear clothes from USA, Thailand and United Kingdom. I buy sometimes clothes made of this country but it stay in my closet.
@kun2349 (23475)
lol =D IF u did realise, why are those countries so popular with manufacturers, is that, the cost is really low.. And as businessman, they often go for lowest cost and highest profits.. lol =D PLus, we dun normally see clothes made in japan or korea right?? Because they are too expensive.. Even for USA itself, it's a big country and yet they dun really make clothes on their own, for the cost is too high to be absorb on their own.. hehe