Best Part of Summer...

@erikmama (12929)
Have you done anything really memorable or exciting so far this summer? What was it? Do you have really big plans coming up for the near future? As you know,yesterday my son and I went to the annual CMA Fest. Despite passing out, spending $2.50 for a 12-oz.can of sprite,the trip to the ER, and loosing my cell phone, we had a blast! Stars from ABC were there...Got to meet a few people. There were really cool games and giveaways.Erik got to climb a rock, enjoy a water slide, fish, play other games, and we got lots of cool free stuff from name barnads like Lunchables, Manwich,and Sunny D, including photos, t-shirts, CDS, autographs, notepads, towels, hats,dog food, and more. It is always really fun and exciting, and Erik was all smiles the whole time!
I am so very jealous of you getting to go to the CMA Fest, that is something that my late best friend and myself always thought that we were going to do together and now that she is gone, I don't think that I will ever have someone that I would want to go with again. That said, for us, this summer the best thing has been our trip to the railway museum where I was able to take the children on a train ride and just spend the day together with my family.
@erikmama (12929)
I am so sorry that you two were not able to go. But I do think you should reconsider your decision and come. She would want you to go and have fun for her...and not not do something you wanted to do. But I understand where you are coming from. I hope that your summer went well...It is almost over. It is been a hot one, and I am glad that a break is soon to come!
@bounce58 (17524)
And you lost your phone too!? Haven't done anything memorable yet. I brought the kids to local pro-basketball game which they seemed to enjoy. Next month we'll go camping, so I'm sure they will enjoy that too. When I am not my usual grumpy and lazy self, I try to bring the kids to a local park on weekends. They love it because they get all wet, and we go get donuts afterwards.
@erikmama (12929)
When it rains it pours~ There is always something going on in my life. I swae the little black cloud is always over my head! How was the camping trip? Camping isnt something I am fond of... I do not like bugs, mosquitos, etc.but I am sure that you guys had a great time! The park is always fun.I love to go to our city parks and feed the ducks. We have some really ghettlo ducks that chase you when you run out of bread for them! Anyways, it is sad that summer is almost over, but a m relived that the weather will start to cool off. I hope that you all enjoyed your summer as well as every other season we have! The holidays are next!! R U ready??
I wish I was there with you. I am glad after all the bad things that happened you enjoyed your day. It is nice out these last few days.
@erikmama (12929)
Hehe! The more the merrier! It was a lot o f fun until that point! Cant wait til next year, but hope that it isnt as hot!