What does losing your loved one feel?

When Tim and I had that big fight and I kicked him down a flight of stairs. he ran back up and kicked my door in. Then he choked me up against a wall and I told him to g ahead and kill me. That he would never forget me. he walked away and I hit him int the back with a big pipe. But,he was so scared to go to jail he walked away and never came home again. I felt like I was without air. I could not breath well and my life was going down hill fast. This happened over 10 years ago. it is funny how we are back together right now. I know not to hit him like that again. He would never come back again. But it felt like I could not breathe.
@aliya27 (79)
• Kenya
I remember when i lost my first husband. I remember it like it was yesterday. The memory never really goes away. Depending on how close or connected to one felt to the deceased, the level of agony,grief,emptiness and pain will vary. For me, i became somewhat reserved and remained rather passive and silent during conversations with people for roughly 6 months. I am slowly accepting my loss and moving on. One simply has no choice but to do just that. My deepest condolenses for your loss
@eLsMarie (4148)
In your case, I can say that I won't be willing to be with that kind of guy again. No offense but for me, if a guy hits you once surely he'll hit you again. Losing a loved one needs so much time and space in order for one person to cope. As for me, I just weep as much as I can. It's my way of healing the pain.
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Gifts, When my father passed away two years ago it was very painful. Until now we are still grieving for his lose. WE missed him so much. I saw how his lose affected mom so much. It will never be the same again without dad. THat's really a big and violent fight and ii can't imagine how you handle and manage things that now you are back in each other's arms. better not do it again or else...you might regret it for the rest of your life. nothing is impossible when you are in love!
@Shar19 (8236)
Wow! I can't believe how abusive you both are to each other. I guess if one person is then the other will be too. I hope you both got some kind of counseling for your anger problems. If anyone even raised a hand at me I would be out the door in a flash. No one gets a second chance from abuse in my book.
@cream97 (29169)
Wow! You both have been through some stuff together! So have my husband I and too. I can't began to tell you the things that the devil has made him do to me in the past. He has choked me a couple of years ago and he has told me to die like my mother... He has called me worthless. Yes, I was abused but we are still together. For the past couple of years, our marriage has grown stronger and I have did a lot of praying for myself and for him, especially. It was rough. I realized that it was not my husband that was being this way, it was the devil that allowed him to treat me this way. Once I realized this, I got strong and I prayed my heart out to God. And now me and my husband are very close. There is no fighting our relationship is as calm as ever. If I feel that it may get heated, something will always tell me to walk away and hush. It won't turn violent, but me or him will either say something that is nasty and that we will regret. So, I don't let this happen. I never thought that I would still be with him. But I guess in God's eyes this is what he wanted. I have asked God in our marriage why did he send a man that would hurt me like this. I told him to split us apart or change him for the better. I guess that God chose to allow us to be together. Trust me, he is not abusive to me at all anymore, and he never will be ever again.
@Jacobus1919 (1684)
It really feels bad. And it stinks, and it hurts! I really hate times like this.