All of these inspections are getting on my last nerves!!!!

@cream97 (29169)
I am completely tired right now! I am angry and highly strained with annoyance. We are having so many Property Inspections. I have never in my life known any apartment to have these many Inspections. I know it can be for different things and all. I can't enjoy living in my apartment without always having someone to be running in and out of it. Sometimes I wished that all of these inspections could be given on the same day. Take a look at all of the dates of the Property Inspections that I have had so far since living in this apartment. 1). We had one in March around the 20th date of this year. 2). April, 15, 2010. 3). April 21, 2010. 4). May 5, 2010. 5). June 8, 2010. 6). June 17, 2010. 7) June 21, 2010. This is just too much for me! I can't wait until my husband can get back on his feet to work so that we he can make the income that will allow us to move out of here. Hr has a talk with me about moving. He told me that we are planning to move by August. We will not be here. I hope so. We want a house to live in, that does not require as many Inspections as this. My manager has no idea how much that I have to clean. We don't have any carpet on our floors. So that means if all of my floors are dirty, I will have to mop all seven of them. That is why I am so annoyed at my mother-in-law. She thinks that I have all of this free time to cater and entertain her. But she has no idea what I have to deal with being that I have my own apartment. I keep my apartment clean all of the time. But still I feel that there is so much that I have to do as far as living here. Ughhh.. I am just fed up over fed up! ** In case you have wondered, I am curious of how our manager is feeling about all of this herself. This is why I don't ever want to be a Property Manager. It is just too much that is going on for me to have to deal with.
cream you have a new logo I love it wow anyway I have a great suggestion since mom in law loves to come bug you get another mop, and say sweetly, Since you want to spend some time with me, have a mop. we need to get these floors all mopped and with you helping me it will not take nearly as long. I would wager she either puts up lol, or shuts up and goes home.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, Hatley. My mil does not even clean her own home so I know that she will not be cleaning mines up.
hi cream I think your husband is right about moving in august, from the sounds of all the inspections the old owners are getting ready to sell to a new owner or owners. I know this is what happened to us in one really great apartment we lived in for along time,the worst is that so many new owners immediately raise the rent and or give out notices to move if they have tenants who are not rich enough to suit them.Sometimes they inspect and inspect and inspect then it all quits.but sooner or later the ball drops and it is new owner time.oh well it was just a thought cream then again it might irk her and she would leave.
Why so many inspections?? We had an annual inspection but that was because we lived in section 8 housing when I was a kid. I'd be curious as to why they are so in your business and home with all these inspections?!?! Are they just trying to make sure you are not a trouble maker? Or what is the reason for all of these inspections? I could see a little of it if they were going to upgrade an appliance, carpet ect but for no other reason IMO.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, Snuggle. Well every apartment out here is getting inspected not just mines. I know that we have a lot of things that takes place in this apartment complex. Maybe that is the reason why we are having all of these inspections. Every building out here is being inspected when there are inspections.
2 in one month? oh that's a load of crap.that sounds like definate harrasment/looking for anything to evict.
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
Can't imagine living such a kind of apartment who has a rigid inspection with a close date. Although it is your own safety but maybe sometimes you will feel in a different way specially those times you are very tired and you need to be relax. In our country we don't have such a kind of rigid inspection. Some real state owners and authorities inspect once a year or one every 2 years.
@gabs8513 (48717)
Goodness Cream what are all these inspections for It does sound a lot of Inspections to me I really hope you get to move soon and get a nice Place where you will enjoy living
@reene0225 (352)
Have you tried talking to the property manager about all the inspections? If you haven't I would talk to her and see if there is any way she can make them less often and if they can do a few things there at one time instead of many times. 3 times this month is completely ridiculous. I remember when I lived in my apartment a few years ago the landlord was always making up excuses to get into my apartment. He needed to put a deadbolt on, had to change the fire alarm/carbon dioxide alarm, had to fix this or that. There was really no reason he had to be there that often and I got tired of it quickly. It was a lot less than what you're dealing with. Hopefully you and your husband can find your own home soon so you don't have to deal with that anymore.
@sid556 (31006)
Hi Cream, That is a crazy amount of inspections! Have you asked the property manager why there are so many? I live in a place where we have inspections but it is twice a year and we set them up with the property manager at a time that is convenient for us. At that time she comes in and walks thru the place to make sure it is being kept up properly. Sometimes maintenance comes in to check various things like the fire alarm, furnace etc. As long as nothing needs repairing then they are in and out pretty quickly. Not sure what your mother in law is actually doing to bother you but I know from previous discussions that you don't really get along well with her. I would just tell her that you are busy.
Awwww, I feel so sorry for you with all this crap going on. I do remember your discussion on all this back in April/May? You had mentioned then about all the inspections going on, and now you have more which is just crazy! I can't remember offhand why you said you were having so many. I've never heard of this, and I really hope you get some help with the cleaning. That's a whole lot of floors to do!!!! If you lived by me, I'd come and help you. I do hope you get to move so you can have some peace already, hugs xxx.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Sweetie, with all those following dates, they might as well just move in. Really, do they need to do all that? How can anyone live like that. I won't let anyone run in and out of my house like that. I don't care who they are. Stupid actually. TATA.
I used to live my daughter who was on housing. She had alot of inspections too. I couldn't figure out why we had to have so many until one day the maintenance guy explained it to me. He said that the maintenance people come and do a walk through to see if there are things that need to be fixed. Then they come and fix it. Then housing comes and sometimes just a representative and sometimes that is all. Other times one of the higher ups also comes. It gets rediculous but this may be a part of what is going on here.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I don't understand, what are these inspections? Is this a special apartment or something? I know it has been over 20 years since I lived in an apartment, but we never had inspections..
WOW! That is a lot. I would not be able to handle all of that. Why so many. I can understand why you would want to move. My heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best Snow
Wow - what are all these inspections for? That is a lot of inspections in just a two month span. I don't recall ever having that many inspections here . . . we usually have a "general" inspection where the maintenance guy checks for leaks and such (because the tenants don't always tell the managers about things that need to be fixed) and the smoke alarm checks. And that's maybe a couple or so times a year! I cringe when these inspections are made because we don't wear shoes in our place - and I know they are walking around in our apartment with their shoes on. But I can't really say anything about that. Our managers are pretty organized and on top of things, we're mostly happy about where we are . . . but we'd like to live in a real house too. It's very expensive where we live, so buying a house is totally out of the question for now. I hope things work out for you by August . . . it's not too far from now!!
@kun2349 (23475)
WHy is there so much inspection going on in that house?? OR in that building?? IS the whole area affected, or just the building u are living in?? IF it's only yours, then i guess something must be very wrong with the building as well as the management for it.. IF not, it's not normal to have an inspection once every couple of days.. It's best that u check with the manager..