I had to borrow my son's belt...

I'm losing weight faster than I can replace my clothes... which definitely is not a bad thing.. pretty much just means I'm too broke to go clothes shopping, lol! I only have a few pairs of pants that currently fit well.. mostly shorts because I'm not buying jeans when it's so warm out. But yesterday was cold, and I needed some jeans to wear.. unfortunately the only jeans I have are a few sizes too big, and I don't own any of my own belts.. not something I've ever needed as normally my pants would be too tight, not loose. So at first I was just joking around about how my pants are falling off me, which is a great feeling.. and I grabbed hubby's belt.. which of course I could wrap around me twice, lol. Then I asked my 13 year old, who's as skinny as a twig, if I could see his belt. It actually fit! Not well.. I mean I was almost to the end of it. Thankfully it's one of those braided belts, not the kind with holes. So I wore it.. why not? In the past I've borrowed his socks and shoes too, lol! Have you ever had to borrow clothing or something from your child?
• Marion, Kansas
My kids have always been much slimmer than I. I have borrowed t shirts from my daughter when she insisted on hiding inside XL and 2XL shirts, and she and I have shared shoes. Would you care to share how you are being so successful with weight loss?
I've become addicted to working out! I go to the gym everyday and work until I'm dripping in sweat. I do a good mixture of cardio and strength training, for a minimum of an hour a day. I push myself until it hurts. On weeks when I watch my diet closely I can lose about 5 pounds. Lately I've not been watching the diet close enough, but that is because I've reached my original goal and most days I feel like I do not need to lose anymore weight... though some days I'd like to lose another 10 pounds. I know not everyone can do the sort of work outs I do.. but getting more exercise is definitely the key. Walk, if that's all you can do. Strength training is also immensely important.. so do what you can, even if it's just using a can of vegetables or soup from your cupboard. The results will be slow.. but muscle burns more calories so it will help.
I've always been slightly overweight.. I come from an overweight family and was never taught portion control, or when to stop eating. So over the years I've tried lots of different diets... and this is the first that has worked. My hubby likes to overfeed me too.. it's how he spoils me. Before I met him I was only slightly overweight... after we got together I ended up obese! When I began losing weight I just laid down some food guide lines.. that he was not to talk me into eating cr@p, that he was to support me so that I could do this. On top of that I had tremendous will power because I wanted it so bad! Some nights were hard, he'd come home from work and make grilled cheese sandwiches that smelled so good. Willpower got me through it. As I said, I'm not as strict with my diet as I was a few months ago, and the majority of my slip ups are when he is home. But I think it's more or less me giving in.. not so much him convincing me.
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
Fat chance I will ever have to borrow anything other than maybe socks. But good for you, sounds like you've gotten past that plateau you were at. If I ever do start losing weight, at least I have some size 12 and size 10 jeans boxed up somewhere...
Nope, haven't gotten past the plateau really. Had a week where I lost 4 lbs, but now I'm back to a stand still... actually it's sort of creeping back up, but only by a fraction of a pound a week, so I'm not worried yet. I know what's doing it too.. I'm not diligent with the diet anymore. I'm trying, but not hard enough. Still working out like crazy though.. so guess this is how I maintain. I'm not concerned, I look damn good considering I was once 225 lbs.. and eventually I know I'll get back into the swing of things.
No, no, my son is only 11 so maybe the time’s not come but I’d love to LOL… BTW, I’ve not been here for quite sometime and haven’t followed all my friends discussion so I must say that today when I saw your latest pix (avatar), I was so pleasantly surprised…I was like OMG she’s lost so much weight and looking so very nice….I must compliment you on your new looks…keep it up but don’t disappear altogether
LOL.. thank you!
Once in a while I borrow one of DH's shirts BUT that's because it's a shirt too big for him but he liked the graphic on it and it was cheap! Otherwise I'm 2 sizes bigger than him. I can't share anything much beyond hair accessories w/ my girls as they are still little and I hope they don't follow my path w/ my waistline.
I used to wear hubby's clothes. In fact, when I was first pregnant with the twins and was quickly outgrowing my jeans.. I wore hubby's! The waist fit well but the legs were baggy. I think after the twins were born he and I were about the same size.
@besthope44 (12146)
It’s a good idea to have an idea of the calories that most food items have. If it is a packed thing then the label is sure to have the calories that the substance has.
Never have I borrowed clothing from either of my children, but that is only because they are still so small. However, when I still lived at my mother's house she and I would interchange our wardrobes because we are roughly the same size. I would wear one of her shirts and she would wear one of mine. In fact, I'm pretty sure that she still has some of my tops at her house and I miss being with her because I feel my selection is so limited now.
@jillhill (37354)
No but they sure did their share of borrowing from me when they lived at home....alot of my clothes went missing and were never back in my closet again!