advise about private messages

@oldchem1 (8144)
I have received several messages from people who have requested me to add them as friends that are really spamming messages asking me to join websites etc. Can you advise me if we should report these messages or are they permitted on mylot? Thank you
The control is totally in your hands. You can delete those who you think are a nuisance. As simple as that!
@oldchem1 (8144)
You're right of course
@ElicBxn (60894)
if you can report them, do so, but also unfriend them NOW and know that you won't ever friend them again. Tho, how long they last doing that is questionable...
i'll add them as friends..i like to see that i have alot of friends. makes me feel not lonely and if they send over some links, i'll check it out if i'm in the mood to..really but i'm not sure if messages like those are permitted..
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Oldchem. I had this problem, but it's easy to stop it, without reporting. Whenever I get a friend request, I always check the profile. If that person's discussions are mainly in money making interests, and if they've never interacted with me on my own or other people's discussions, I assume they want to spam me and deny the request. Then I keep an eye on their activity just in case I misjudged them. It hasn't happened yet, but if it ever does, I'll eat humble pie and make my own FR. Another giveaway is if someone with only a few posts wants to be your friend. I'll keep them pending for a few days and see what their activity is like. If we have common interests, I'll add them, if not, I deny the request. After all, you wouldn't be friends with someone in the real world you had nothing in common with, so why should it be different here? Another point to consider is that, if your friend's list is unmanageable, you'll never keep up with all the discussions, and you could miss out on some good ones. If, after all this, someone keeps pestering you to be added as a friend and you're not happy, report it, as most people will not keep trying once they've been declined.
@maean_19 (4662)
It is really very common my friend that many members of mylot would ask you to add them and request you to join them in their other online money sites. These people wants you to join them as referral. You do not need to report them to mylot because private messages are no longer included to what the admin will censor or restrict. Do not get annoyed if many people will write you with such purpose. Besides, you cannot control them to come in, but you can actually deny their request. It is up to you. If you are irritated then ignore the mail then trash it or delete it.
I would say it is best to warn them that it is bugging you before you actually report them. That way they know what's going on and stuff. It gives them a fair chance to straighten up their act before their account gets deleted because of abuse and them not smarter from it... meaning they could come back if you catch my drift... anyways Goodluck! -Wickedspies