Filipinos are rising to the Occassion...

Hello lotters, This is really one thing i have come to noticed. despite the fact we are still in the third world country and so many poor are roaming around the streets,bridges, and other corners of the city, i feel that we are some how still evolving in another sense. we have lost the glory that was in the 1960's being second only to japan before. but our people who made into different fields (e.g. music,boxing,racing,billiards,taekwondo) abroad has shown how the Filipinos are rising in the occasion not because of it's country but because of some determined People. the only problem now is the Government. more unemployed people which increase to 8% (me, included) and some people who are either don't care or lazy to contribute. we have heroes now, but there won't be for long. as for my fellow country men, when are you planning to RISE to the occasion so that others will be inspired? well, i don't have it yet, do you?
@mspitot (3834)
I'm happy if a Filipino makes a name in a filed. i am proud of them. our athletes are doing good too even they lack financial support from the government, they still make us proud. it's also good that they serve as inspiration to other Filipinos. as for me...i hope to get it this july.
Hello Mspitot, what they do is not completely easy and it requires hardwork, but they did and showed that Filipinos can do to the world. they indeed serve as an inspiration to the people. i hope more of them will rise up aside from the latest now jovit
@mspitot (3834)
yes, i feel really proud when i see them on news. i sometimes get goose bumps when i watch shows or even videos showing our kababayans being applauded by other race because of their outstanding performance in their own fields.
@markleob (1904)
the only thing i dont like about filipinos is: they tend to blame the government for all the things they are into...they should also learn to strive themselves..
hello markleob, same here, i hate it when most people depend too much on the government whereas they can't do it alone, such there should be cooperation from the NGO, and Civil societies.
my friend how are you, despite of the unemployment or the other corruption that has been hounding in the Government, we still get a glimpse of hope with the insipiration given by Manny Pacman, Arnel Pineda, Efren Bata Reyes and don't forget Nepumeceno there. i think it's not easy to rise to the occasion or better yet do something for the country, and that will rise you to the occasion. you don't have to be famous you know.
Hello mikaela, there's actually a lot more and i guess i have forgotten to mention some but they are indeed the best of them all. i don't know why people aren't really insipired by these people. some just prefer to ride on they're success, i think most people do that. i am trying my best although i always end up failing to do the right thing
@hexeduser22 (5865)
Some of us are rising to the occasion. I hope I can live to see the Filipinos be united. Inspiration and Man Power we got that from the very beginning. The problem is the government, just as yous said, and also the people. Crab mentality in our country is rampant.I hope we get to be united and with a sense of purpose to help every Filipino and build a strong nation that can compete with any country around the world
Hello hexeduser, I don't when our people are going to be united. i am so sure it will be for a long time. crab mentality is still there for sure.if only people are more mature and not into much of they're petty differences.
@Jean25 (344)
we have been rising to that occasion for a long time. but what happens? networks gets a new gig and then the pop star became yesterdays news just like what happened to jonalyn viray that she had to join La Diva in order to gain her popularity from that she had a few years ago in GMA. many people had forgotten her because of the new people.
most people are poor but some have talents but the problem is that only a few people are given the opportunity to shine. as for jonalyn viray i think she has made it to stardom but not as popular as arnel pineda and charice pempengco.,
I agree that Filipinos are a very resilient lot. However, what sets the Philippines back is the constant meddling of the Catholic church in state affairs, from politics to population education. The Catholic bishops should just shut the hell up and confine themselves to the pulpits.