oyster sauce is now my best friend

my wife brought our son at the doctor for his well baby check up, and i was left alone at home. unfortunately my wife and child was stuck there for there are a lot of patients today to see the doctor. i was hungry already and my wife had prepared some string beans not cook yet, but already cut. garlic and onions that are cut already and some ground beef still not yet cook but all it needs is a wok and fire. so because i am hungry already i tried to saute the garlic, the onion, the beef and the veggies. when it was all cooked together i put a cup of water and then i saw the oyster sauce and put a few drops... if thats what you call it. har har har. when i taste it... it was good. it almost taste like the veggies you order on restaurants har har har. i am not a good cook. i am disaster in the kitchen but because i was hungry i was forced to take actions. now i have a new best friend... oyster sauce.
@aliya27 (79)
• Kenya
hmmm.... oyster sauce! to be honest i have never tried that kind of sauce. I always like trying new things and i would be more than happy to try it out. Well, nice to know u like to be creative
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi aliya, you have to try it. you will surely love it and be addicted to it. it's abest pair for vegetable if you love veggies. you just have to boil the vege, drain it then out some oyster sauce and sprinkle it with fried chopped garlic...it tastes good!
honest, i never know that it was that good when you put with stir veggies. i had no idea what a drop can make in cooking. msfrancisco is right you have to try it aliya. this sauce can came to you handy that you can almost put it in everything you cook. just try, there is no harm on trying. i did, and it was good. thanks a lot for the response.
• Boston, Massachusetts
so what's up for tomorrow? happy father's day 7th! maybe a nice recipe with oyster sauce will keep you up on your special day!
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi 7th, oyster sauce is something that we can't live without...we never run out of it in the kitchen. i always have a back up or reserve oyster sause. i love it for vegetables like kangkong, stringbeans, mushroom and even with other dishes.
well i guess we cant live with oyster sauce either, but not that i know. but every time we go to the supermarket or grocery my wife always grab a bottle and wonder where she uses it. i thought she uses soy sauce on veggies but i was wrong.... it was oyster sauce. har har har. thanks a lot for the response
• Boston, Massachusetts
i just use it this morning when i cook stir fried noodles. so yummy. i think in almost all my recipe with sauce i put on some oyster sauce. my partner in the kitchen!
Oh yes - oyster sauce is a helpful condiment! We do it with stir frying all the time. Sometimes I will do it with vegetables and chicken, with a little bit of chicken broth. Or other times I will do it with veggies and beef, with a little bit of beef froth. Other times it's just good to whip it up with a single vegetable that's on hand to eat with rice for lunch when there's nothing else! Glad that you learned something in the kitchen on your own - maybe you're not such a disaster in the kitchen as much as you think!!
hmmm your response made me hungry though i just ate lunch har har har. true that oyster sauce can be used around almost anything you can think of. like i said i dont cook, i am a disaster in the kitchen, but now i know that i can live as long as i have my best bud with me... oyster sauce. thanks a lot for the response
@incus99 (1086)
I'm allergic to oyster sauce... it can kill me
@mspitot (3834)
yes. oysters sauce is good in sauteed veges.