Is the battery closed to dying?

Last night I charged my cell phone battery until it is full. I haven't used it to play game or call anyone; nor anyone had called me. Today afternoon, the battery indicator bar goes down to half again. What is going on? Is it mean that the battery closed to its dying. I should replace the battery, or the cell phone?
@mrcol1010 (209)
The problem you are having is common in most phones. Cell phones sometimes, for some unknown reason, only charge a little bit sometimes and a lot other times. So try charging it again, and if the problem persists, just take it into your service providers local store and see if they can fix it(which almost 100% of the time they can)
Yeah, but it shouldn't be going down that fast right? I just charged it that night, and next day, the battery goes down in a half? It just not make sense at all. I didn't use it that much, or play with it.
@rosegardens (3044)
Take out the battery for about five full minutes and see what happens. For some unknown reason, removing the battery and putting it back will give you a bit more of a charge. Also, the other users said to use your battery up before you charge it, then give it a full charge. This is wise to do, though sometimes it is impossible. I hope this works for you, and you do not have to get another battery or phone. Good luck!
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
It is like the user above said, that you should always wait until you get the battery low warning, as if you don't, then your battery will slowly start losing its life and it won't charge to full capacity. You don't want to leave it on the charger either. Once it is ocmpletely charged, then take it off the charger. My phone will beep at me when it is fully charged, and when mine beeps, I remove the charger. Mine will stay charged for a few days before it needs charging again. I have learned over time how to charge batteries and not to leave the charger on it once it is fully charged. I hope this has helped you. Take care, and happy mylotting.