do you look like you age?

i'm wondering why every time I meet new friends, classmates or church-mates and they will ask me how old i am and i when i told them im 20 i always see their eyes getting big.. haha.. they can't believe that im already 20.. they always thought im still in teenage age like 16 to 17.. well, not just because of my face i guess.. but because of my height too.. haha.. i'm a small girl.. petite..
@mspitot (3834)
hmmm...when i met new people, they are not really surprised with my age and my looks. but when some of my parent's friends or some people in our place or baraggay visit my mom at home, they usually ask if i am already married or if i already have any child. my gosh! i am annoyed when they do that. i know i am chubby but i don't think i look that losyang to be thought of like that...do i?
I hope not! Given the compliment that you are younger than your age is always a bonus.
@Ninaaah (93)
• Serbia And Montenegro
Well it depends of people I meet. Some people say that I look older, some say that I look a bit younger, but looking from my side, I think I look a bit older because I'm kinda taller than some of my coevals.
• Serbia And Montenegro
And yeah, if that's you on your avatar, than I can say you really look younger. People who are young always want to be older, and people who are old always want to be younger. But it's always better to be younger ofcourse :).
I look much more elder then my age coz i am very hafty.I see people of my age,my classmates they look much more younger then me.I really feel very bad.I think its nice to look less then your age rather then looking elder.U r lucky dear..
hhmmm but there are still disadvantages sometimes.. like when i tried to work at mall they really thought that im too young to work..
• Pakistan
same to me when i meet unknown people they think i a 14,15 but when i tell them i am over 18 they wonder and they make mu fun but i never mind.
for me its ok to look young..
@sender621 (14956)
I have been very fortunate in my life when it comes to my age. People always think I am younger than I really am. A good feeling usually comes from that. When i was younger I would get irritated when people thought I was younger than my true age. When we are young, we want to be older. When we are older, we want to be younger. So much depends on age in society. It can be good not to look your age all of the time.
haha.. yeah i agree with you.. i really wanna like it when i told them to guess my age then they will say younger than my age..
@nixiecole (360)
I'm the exact opposite. :D people think that I'm 20 years old or 21, where in fact I'm still 19. I guess because I'm really really tall and have a deep voice? I'm not really sure. But yeah I love being 19, when I reach 20, I'll still be 19, I'd stop aging. :D
@sunnycool (12737)
Well this happens to me all the time....Many of my friends think that i'm older than them but I'm the youngest in my college its the height which makes them that way....its been the same with me in my schooling as well.seems my mom was a little over excited and started sending me to Kinder garten at two and half years so that makes the difference....all of my mates are elder to me even girls(from school to College) .I never had one mate who was of my age LOL.well i got used to this though.great day.
@adoremay (2069)
I am 28, and while strolling on a mall, a saleslady asked about something which i cannot relate into, she then asked if i was a high school student.
@charylady (424)
so far no one has yet said that i look older than my age; they always think i'm younger. and i must admit, it's quite flattering LOL
@chuck2 (183)
You should be thankful for that girl for having a "baby face" look. Not in my case, they always thought that i am older enough as what they expect in my looks.
@oldchem1 (8144)
I don't really know - I'm nearly 60 so take a look at my picture and tell me what you think!
@jennbart (1333)
Iam 32 and people think Iam 24-25. must be in the genes.:)
I come across the same situation with you very often. From the positive point of view, I'm happy to hear people talking like that, which indicates that I'm still young. However, on the other hand, I would rather be mature in the eyes of others, since mature may earn you trust from others, especially colleagues and clients.
@JL_Love (199)
• Netherlands Antilles
Yes i do in some ways depends for what hahaha. any ways everytime people get confused with my look and age most of them thinks that i'm still a teenager but wooow that was like a thousand years ago. it's cool to full people like that and can you imagine if i have some weight and get lose of them i'll look like a baby
No I don't look like my age, because I look a lot younger, anyone can tell..lol..Anyway I haven't upload my photos yet so its hard to brag, my friends and colleagues would notice that as the time runs I'm getting younger and younger, maybe because I am a happy person and size also matters. I stand 5 feet tall and weighs 90 lbs, my 3 year old son would often mistaken as my brother because he is big. It really has to do with how you manage yourself and avoiding stress.
@farazkh1 (1157)
• Pakistan
I am 29 and father of 2. But still most people think that i am somewhere around 25,so it mean's i look 3 or 4 years younger then my real age but my younger brother who is 27 look's like 32..lol and sometimes people say's that he is my elder brother which i really don't like ;).
@Cutie18f (9563)
It's good to look younger than our age. Some people look older. I like to think that I look younger coz I try to do everything to maintain my youth.
@meerat75 (111)
Even some of my friend used to say that I am looking younger than what is my age. Now it is ok, but after few years people would way you look so older than your real age?? I think we, girls would be more younger at your earlier ages and looks more older immediately after 25-27 onards. So, be prepared. Regards, Meera
@34momma (13896)
i am always being told that i don't look my age. when i tell someone that i have a 20 year old son, they always give me that get the heck out of her look!! i love being 38. however it's always nice when someone thinks you look to young to have a son who's 20
I look way younger then my current age is what everyone says. I guess it is good but sometimes I think I get bad service at a restaurant because I look like I am in high school!