NO IDEA ABOUT THE TOPIC and still response.

@jamed28 (1909)
I'd seen some response in a discussion here, that they don't hsve any idea about the topic of a discussion and yet replying to that discussion. Well just maybe because they only wanted to increase the number of their response.
@kharlav (1672)
Are you one of those people? lol.. I find your discussion a little bit funny. I haven't tried it yet though. Yes, I believe people who respond to discussions out of their knowledge, do such to increase the number of their response and this increase their earning. I dont want to do such thing because I always have a difficulty answering and writing thing I dont have an idea about, I find it very difficult to come up with an idea.
@jamed28 (1909)
Sometimes!!! lol. well It is normal to response when you don't have idea about the topic and response if your intention is to get some idea. But there are some people here who are responding to a discussion but their response are way to far from the topic. That's pretty annoying.
@saihai (128)
Kharlav you said the right thing . Its always difficult to come up with any idea about the topic when you do not have any knowledge! But i have come to know some people who just make a search in internet , collection some information about the topic and give their response. But I still think its justified because the willingness of knowing is the main factor here and which is always appreciated.
@saihai (128)
Exactly!I have spotted the same thing . There are people out here they just want to increase there number of responses, because they believe it will bring them more money despite having proper idea about the topic.But it is clearly mention in the MYLOT FAQ That until and unless you have exact idea about the discussion you should not response.
@jazzsue58 (2672)
I don't think discussions should be just limited to those with specialist knowledge of the subject. Then it becomes a workshop, not a discussion. We can all learn here by asking each other questions. "Real life" discussion groups are set up to thrash out marketing problems etc, and they deliberately set out to include people who are "green" about the subject. When I did a focus group on gaming apps, I was chosen because I had no experience of gaming!
@saihai (128)
The point you have raised i have to agree to some extent , but tell me one thing suppose you do not have any knowledge about the TOPIC but you still giving your EXPERT view ,aint you misguiding people ? I think you can learn in a different way just read all the conversation and post about the topic and try to understand what is all about and then if you have any question you can ask. This is my personal view please correct me if i am wrong anywhere . BTW thanks for your reply !:)
@rosie230 (1674)
I have come across this also, in some discussions... I do not know either as to why that is, but perhaps you are right that maybe they are trying to increase the number of their response I guess it could be a factor. Personally for me, I only respond to discussions that are of interest to me, and that have titles that catch my attention, or if there is some discussion that I know I could give an honest opinion on, like this one! Happy My Lotting
@jamed28 (1909)
Well I think Mylot is not regulating them. And it is really hard to monitor them. It is just that they are annoying.
@jazzsue58 (2672)
I often respond to topics that I have an interest in, but not much knowledge. Like cricket, quantum string theory or the off-side rule. I think we're here to discuss, right? So it's okay to say: I don't know much about this, but I'm interested. Can you explain ...? The ones I hate are the ones that say "Dunno, sorry." Grrrrrr!
@oldchem1 (8144)
I had to smile at this as I have just responded to a member advocating deleting friends for not responding!! So I guess that we can't really win!!! If we don't respond we are bad 'friends' if we do respond and can't really answer the discussion we're wrong I have answered a couple of medical one's I knew nothing of but to wish the person oinvolved ( who were 'friends' healthy recovery
@jamed28 (1909)
Well there's always exemption to a rule. Sorry for not elaborating that much. What I am pointing out here, are those people who responded to a discussion who's intentions are just to gain a number of response. In your case you responded to a discussion with no idea but with the willingness to have an idea. Sorry madam, thanks for the response. You real contribute to this discussion.
@indahfth (11173)
If I do not have any idea, to respond to a discussion, I am not forcing myself to respond, I prefer the discussion that I can respond.
@johnnykay (1057)
• Hungary
well, I saw these kind of responses written by people who aren't very long ago here on mylot, so maybe they're a bit unexperienced or something.. we have to be patient! have a nice day!