How is the belly saposed to look with a piercing?

I was just wondering about my daughter and her belly ring. It was done a few months ago and it looks dry and crusty. She said this is the norm and it takes time like a year to heal the skin. I don't like the way it looks dark,dry and crusty around the circle of it. I feel like something may be wrong with it. Knowing how how she feels she knows better than I ever could I chose to ask you here. Now she wants her lip pierced not knowing if it will look dry and crusty on her face. What a shame what people are willing to do to themselves in the name of beauty.
@ElicBxn (60434)
And that's beauty? give me ugly then, I'm not punching holes in my body and thinking they are "beauty"
Unnfortunately, the popular opinion is against you. I wrote something like you did on Yahoo! Answers and I got flamed by everyone. :D
@ElicBxn (60434)
I hope I live to see the day when all these young, pierced and tatted girls become old ladies with ugly holes and tats that don't make sense...
I think they're just ignorant about the results of these stuff...
@kaylachan (4778)
It does take time to heal, and the person who did it can give you more of a proper estmate. However, dry and crusty doesn't seem so bad. I'd be more concerned if it looked infected. Take her to a doctor, a dermatolgist if you can, they can advise you on weather or nothe skin became infected around it. Though sounds like to me she probably isn't keeping it clean enough. I don't have any pearcings myself, but I know people who have several. Each time they do one there is a skin care routine you're supposed to fallow for the first month or so. (sometimes longer depending on location) but, if you're that concerned consult.... a doctor.
I am not that concerned anymore it looks like it is healing fine. There is no puss or leaking of any kind. the skin may just be dry like I was told. Thanks so much.
@Shar19 (8236)
I could see if it was a couple of weeks ago and it's still dry but since you said it has been a few months then I would get it looked at by a doctor. That doesn't sound right to me. As far as getting her lip pierced, I think she may want to re-consider in case she ever considers getting a good job. Most workplaces frown upon the crazy piercings.
I told her about the job thing and the tattoos and this is what I am hopping she will listen to.
@lilybug (21182)
Is she maybe not keeping it clean? You are supposed to clean it several times a day. I would be concerned if it were to get red and puss because that would mean it is infected.
No it is not looking like this. She cleans it often and takes the ring out to do it as well.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
Well as the others said if it looks bad I would take her to the Dr and not wait for advise from here, if it's just dry then the best thing to use on a belly piercing is oceanic spray. This is usually sold at places that you can by belly piercings, it's the best on the market for piercings, helps heal because of the salt. I used it and have never had a problem, I also use the spray after getting out of the bath/shower or after swimming. Hope all turns out well. Happy Mylotting!!!
Oh that is what I forgot about. She is using something in a spray bottle that deals with some kind of salt. This she fot from the place she got tattooed at.
@cream97 (29175)
I don't know how a belly piercing is supposed to look after the piercing is done. I have never had one at all. If you think that it looks odd in color or shape as it is healing, then it is best that you let her go to a doctor. That way, they can tell you if it is really infected or not. I hope that everything will be okay. From your explanation, it does not sound too good.
I think it is healing right after reading what ricki wrote.
@eileenleyva (9774)
Hi gift, if you think something is wrong with the piercing, get your daughter to a doctor at once. It might have taken some form of allergy. Tell your daughter that you just want to be sure everything is fine. There is no telling how safe the needles used were.
I will do this if I see puss coming from it. Thanks
I like piercings only when they are in your lobe, other than that, I can't consider it a beauty. When the thing takes 1 year to heal, then it doesn't worth it at all. I won't hurt my self that long.