Neighbours Failed To Ruin Our Day

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Neighbours can be so annoying can't they? Living in the middle of nowhere has its upsides as the neighbours with 3 kids decided to play Lady Bl**dy GaGa at 7.45 AM, yes, that's the morning! The sun brings out the looney tunes and they are no exception. Then the drill came out and some obligatory Sunday morning arguing ensued as it does every Sunday with the parents. I'm outta here! Luckily for me, John felt the same and we went for an extremely pleasant walk on a Public Footpath at a place called Denton Holme, here in Carlisle. This involved walking besides the river and through fields with loads of trees sheltering us from the hot sun. It was bliss and thoroughly revitalised me I'm pleased to say. A couple of miles of walking helped us forget everything, it was great. Have you ever experienced a day that started badly but improved as it wore on? I hope so! http://www.carlisle.gov.uk/leisure_and_culture/parks_and_open_spaces/parks_and_open_spaces/cummersdale_holmes.aspx I am annoyed that I forgot my camera. On the next walk we go on I shall definitely remember it! Weather is looking good next week so I hope it holds for the weekend.
@ElicBxn (60044)
my neighborhood has improved drastically since the crazy lady was arrested and we don't have her out there, mowing in the middle of the night and screaming racist epitaphs at the neighborhood kids....
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
We had someone similar...no lawns to mow but he'd play his music at all times of the day and night. Drove us nuts. He ended up being evicted..not through the noise but the fact he didn't pay his rent. Led away in handcuffs, it was great fun watching that incident unfold I can tell you. Mind you, the neighbour after him (it's a Housing Association property) wasn't much better..all to do with drink...you get the idea? Bongo drums (she was into Cuban culture despite not being from there, she was white) at 2am. Nightmare. Nice neighbours after her though but it's the other side we have problems with. They're not noisy all the time but music at 7.45am was a bit much, especially when Sunday is the ONLY day my husband can have a lie in really. God it was great to get away for a bit!
@ada8may21 (2419)
Most of the times I always wake up with the loud speakers of my neighbors playing on with loud music,. As if all of the neighborhood likes their music. There is nothing I could do but wake up and start my day early morning. Cook good ready for breakfast and prepare all the things needed before hitting the bathroom to take my shower. Even if I woke up early because of the loud speakers of my neighbor not my alarm clock. It's good because I done all the things early and then arrive in the office early as well.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
So don't they work like you do my friend? It's a bit selfish of them to behave that way but I suppose they have replaced your alarm clock. What would they do if you played music when THEY were in bed though? Makes you wonder!
@ada8may21 (2419)
Her kids are going to school and that is her way of waking up her kids. But she is not considerate with other people that surrounds her, she is just concerned with her family. Her husband is going to office around 9 am and his husband seems ok about loud music playing because that what she is always doing. I am really happy every summer time or semester break because I could not hear that loud music any more.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Our neighbor used to sing along the karaoke everyday. It started during someone birthday party in their house. They rented this karaoke machine for the day. They got the karaoke lunchtime and started using it til... morning. Yes, even during dawn they went non stop singing with full blast speakers. I thought, ok, it's alright, it's a party, let them have fun for a whole day. I had a hard time sleeping. When I woke up, they are still singing. The kids this time. I guess he elders are asleep now. Lunchtime came, still no stopping them. Until this lasted for more than a week. Seriously, morning, afternoon, night, dawn. They sing and sing. No one had the guts to tell them to stop until this one neighbor called the police. They were earned about the noise they're making and how annoyed all the neighbors were. Eventually, they lowered their speakers and still continued their karaoke sing a long. It went on for about 2 months. By the way, they bought their own karaoke machine already. After the long noisy 2 months, they stopped using it. They use it only now if they have a party, which they have once in month. They were really annoying but I kind of got used to it that sometimes I miss the noise.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
What an absolute nightmare! I put up with 24 hour noise for one day and that was it..on the phone to the relevant authorities lol. 2 MONTHS! Goodness me, I'm amazed no-one snapped. I hope the music was good though; nothing worse than singalongs to songs you don't even like.
@reckon21 (3487)
Our family used to have nightmares with our neighbors before and luckily we were able to change and relocate our house owned by my sister. Before it's so noisy in the past neighborhood and sometimes peace is an expensive commodity to reach. But in our present house and environment we all have the calmness and peace we been dying for. It is a big contrast than before and it is something that we enjoyed through out the day and we are thankful for it. The only noise we can hear is the pleasant music coming from our stereo and that even one is something that we can control.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That must be absolute bliss for you, I'm so pleased!
@knicnax (2234)
wow! good for you! I haven't noticed if this happened to me before. I guess I never took notice, as long as I was having fun. I'm really forgetful and easy to please, so I'm guessing this happened to me a couple o f times already, just can't remember them. haha
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Thanks for that my friend. My memory isn't the greatest either!
I think it’s the total ignorance of others feelings which annoy me. Just this weekend one neighbour decided to mow their lawn which is no bigger that a postage stamp, yet he takes longer to cut the grass than it would to plough a field and uses a lawnmower which is noisier than a jumbo jet. Another neighbour in a nearby house was having a birthday party with a bouncy castle which is all fine and dandy and I don’t begrudge them celebrating a birthday. What I do begrudge is that they then have music blasting through a proper PA system which was literally causing windows to vibrate with the pounding beat right up until 1 in the morning. Annoyingly it’s hard for me to escape these annoyances due to health issues but I am glad you managed to get away from yours and had a bad day turn in to a good day.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Isn't it against the law to play loud music like that beyond midnight? I have had issues with music in the past being played at all hours and I was told this by our local Council. Some people are totally selfish, I cannot understand it and I do sympathise with your plight. Lawnmowers are extremely irritating, especially when the owners (usually men I have to say) think that they have to go over their patch of grass a thousand times. We once went to a party organised by a friend of ours in her garden. It was great because we went to a pub at 9.30pm therefore the annoyance didn't last long...and in actual fact our friend warned her neighbours beforehand. That is being considerate towwards her neighbours, something that is severely lacking for some. I wonder how some people are brought up. The kids next door aren't being set a good example by their parents. They are aggressive now so I dread to think what they will be like in their teens. Their parents just want to behave like they did before they had children but my argument is; why have kids if you can't be responsible for them? There is such a thing as contraception but some couples just want the Child Benefit, which I think should be scrapped after one kid. Better still, have the parents sterilised!
@BarBaraPrz (17229)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Glad you managed to enjoy the day. It was sunny but not humid here today, so also quite pleasant to be out.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
This house is quite small so to get out in the fresh air like we did was brilliant. It's a shame I can't do that during the week when John is at work but there's no way I would go walking nature trails on my own. Sometimes I wish I was a bloke because they can go everywhere on their own. Glad the weather was good where you are too. It's set to get warmer here, amazingly enough!