Birthday Gift suggestions !!!

@elsoft12 (1825)
I have a colleague who is recently married.His wife's birthday is arriving sometime the end of this month and he was asking me for suggestions regarding the gift for his special lady.I said let me think about it and I am thinking about it.In the mean time I would like to seek your ideas regarding what makes a memorable birthday gift(first one post marriage).
@Bebs08 (10689)
Well, that man should observe what her woman really likes.. What she wish to have and maybe would want to have. He must be observant to what her wife really love to have. Then bought that thing and give it as a surprise gift. If you will be the one to decide for him, you don;t know what the wife really wish to have. Or maybe you can think of what women in general would really love to have. If she loves to cook? maybe things in the kitchen. Just learn what's her hobby and there.. your idea go.
I agree with gennyk. In addition, he can also make some extra efforts by preparing the bath, lighting some candles, and make her enjoy the conversation and the time they spend with each other. He can give a classy but not too pricey langerie as a gift! To make it more personal and more memorable, they can just stay home with hubby preparing dinner. That's if they like to be alone on her birthday. Otherwise, he can throw a surprise party inviting family members and friends. It'll be so much fun! Then they can have their lone time afterwards =)