does anyone here use color psychology?

@jillhill (37383)
I mean do you use it when you decorate your house? Or by the clothes you wear? I heard yesterday that the color yellow makes people want to buy things so at my next craft sale I think I am going to use yellow table clothes and see if it makes a difference....besides that I don't know too much about it..but am getting more interested after hearing that! Do you use it?
@carolbee (16241)
This is a good theory. I do think yellow is a cheerful color and reminds people of warmer weather, flowers and simply pretty things. Please let us know if sales improve if you use yellow tablecloths. I don't use color psychology with our house or my clothes. I do like bright colors but must see how each top or blouse looks on me rather than to choose it strictly by the color. In our house I used colors that we all thought we together well and were soft.
@jillhill (37383)
I have more muted colors too...I have a sister with an orange bedroom....that would drive me bonkers!
@carolbee (16241)
When we bought this house many years ago this bedroom/computer room had orange walls and a bright green carpet. It was changed pretty fast.
I really never thought about it. But now I'm thinking it would have made for a good subject for a paper in some of my college classes. lol I read that wearing blue invokes sympathy, but I don't know if that is true. It's a very intriguing subject to think about, and I bet you have now gotten a lot of people to go look this up - me included!
In college, I took General Psychology, Life Span Psychology, and Adolescent Psychology. I would much rather have had the option of color psychology!
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
I believe in color psychology, I think it can really work, but I do not really use it for anything specific. Mostly because I do not know enough about it, but I would really love to learn more about this subject, I am sure it could come in handy in many ways!
@Rainegurl (2158)
Hi, jillhill I do sometimes. I wear red when I want to look credible and when I want people to listen. I used to wear pastel or light colors when I go to job interviews. However, when I was repainting my office, I wanted it to be green because it was supposed to encourage thinking. But my love for blue won and blue is supposed to make you relaxed, even sleepy. By the way, everything I know, I got by googling
@jillhill (37383)
I have heard that too that blue is especially good for bedrooms!
Pardon me for making a humongous typo errors =P
@jillhill (37383)
NO problem!
Great question since I'm also concerned about this kind of stuff. However, I don't know much about color psychology. What I do though is I wear colored clothes when I'm happy. I mean I wear yellows and greens and oranges and purples. I avoid wearing pale brown since it makes me LOOK unhappy. Same thing with the materials things at home. Anyway, color itself dosn't make people do you want them to. It may help to attract them but it's only them who will decide whether to go or not. Good luck dear =)
@jillhill (37383)
Thank you!
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Jill, Ihaven't heard of it but saying that yeasr ago I had a colour anaylsis done as it was a freebie to the staff at the hotel where the consultants were and I was a staff member at the time and it is the autumn colours that suit me so I am better witha blue red rather than an orangey one that typr of thing for enhancing my natural beauty. I do know I feel calmer when I have pale pastel shades around me than when I have really vivid colours and that is why McDonalds and other fast food outlets use reds and it encourages people to leave rather than relax and stay. Good luck with the sale let me know if the yellow works and I will try myself next time I do a sal. Huggles. Ellie :D
@jillhill (37383)
Can't hurt to try!
@katsmeow1213 (29043)
Nope, I've never taken the time to try to figure it all out. I just go with colors I like, or for clothing whatever looks good on me. I prefer to wear browns, they seem to look nicer on me. I also wear a lot of blue because I love the color. I won't wear bright colors because I don't like to stand out, and I won't wear anything red because I was once told red is the color of hookers.
@jillhill (37383)
Supposedly they call red...the color of life!
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Jill I have never heard of that before did it work
The closest I get to it is I wear green for luck. If I am going shopping or I think the day will be difficult, I wear green. I heard that babies don't like the color yellow, it makes them cry.