for all newbies

@savypat (20247)
Here we go again, please read the rules, when the rest of us are trying to answer 20 discussion or so per day it's very difficult to read your discussions and think about an answer then start to respond only to find your discussion has been deleted. It's not that my discussions never get deleted but I try very hard not to waste other's time. Thanks
@rosie230 (1674)
I am glad that you have brought this up... I have actually responded to at least 5 discussions today that I have just been informed that they have been deleted! I know that there are some guidelines to take into consideration here, and I do abide by them as best I can, but this is the first time that I have had my answer deleted 5 times in one day. I am totally gutted, because now I have got to go and make up my number of responses back to what it was to keep on target of what I want to do per day here. Not that I mind too much because I love it here, but it can be frustrating all the same.
@jennyze (7048)
Well, I read the rules and guidelines right after I joined, so I get the picture of the "do" and "don't". I have never received those messages from mylot so far, but I got a couple of responses like: only post words and necessary punctuation - when I was about to post a response. I tried to check what was the excessive punctuation and revised it. But today, I just don't bother and cancel the response.
We are in the same shoe pal but sometime people will not just read the terms and policy in here before they will post a topic in here. But for me just to make sure i mysewlf read of course the terms and regulations in here and before i will responds to a certain discusiions i myself weigh thinhgs out just like i will gonna ask myself is this in the terms and regulations? Does this violate or not. Just like some people in here will post a topic just plainly asking a question. So i know my self that you cannot just post in here somethign that ask a question coz this is not a question and answer forums. So i will bare it in my mind not to reply those kind of topics just to be on the safe side.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
whenever i suspect the discussion is going to vanish, i do give my constructive response, especially to newbies. and i won't be surprised if the following day i will receive a notification of deleted response.
This is important information that you've shared here. It isn't information that should only be shared with the newbies. You see, I've been here for almost a year now, but there are times that I will slip and forget about the rules and then I will make a mistake and I'll write a discussion that ultimately ends up getting deleted and I do feel bad about it. That is the reason that I try to go over the TOU every now and then so that I don't forget about the rules.
Yes i do agree its kinda frustrating but for me what i did i normally respond to a topic thats being posted for 24 hours coz thats for sure mylot already look at it.But to be sure before posting just read the guidelines the DO and Don'ts.
@dragon54u (31605)
I received a notice today that a "friend" of mine started a discussion and what they asked was how much everyone made here. Of course, I deleted it and did not answer because that's a no-no. This is a new person who has evidently not bothered to read the rules! I used to PM these people and try to educate them but I usually don't bother anymore, I'm too busy and they are evidently not interested enough in this site to respect any house rules or they would have read them. I'm feeling crabby today, can you tell?!
@paula27661 (15899)
I’ve lost a few responses lately due to topic deletions. I usually avoid newby discussions which I know are a violation of the rules but I must admit, lately I’ve seen some deleted and I can’t for the life of me understand why...I guess admin have their good reasons and I accept them. Regardless, it’s a good idea to remind everyone to check the guidelines and avoid posting discussions and topics that break the regulations and will inevitably be removed.
@Opal26 (17691)
Thank you for reiterating this! But, there seems to be an awful lot of myLot deletions going on in general! Some of our more "senior members" are also getting deleted too! I just left such a discussion where two very well know senior members have had this happen to them and they certainly know the TOS. But, to all newbies out there please read the rules because if we take the time to respond to your discussion and it does get deleted it isn't fair to those who respond to it because they lose time and money too, as savypat has said!
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Savypat, I do try to answer discussions each day from new users and yes no matter how careful we are some get deleted, if only they bothered to read guidelines first as it must be just as frustrating for them too and maybe they leave through lack of understanding instead of reading the rules. Such a shame but I know certain discussions as we all do to avoid. Hugggles. Ellie :D
This is one of the main problems here. After responding to a discussion many people find that it is deleted and hence all their efforts are in vain. I suggest to all newbies including myself that please have a look in the guidelines before starting any actual discussion.
Amen. Now I hope the newbies read this. I respond and they delete the discussion and take the money away from us. What a waste of time. I know this is bad, but I look at their number posts now to get into a good discussion.
hi savypat I had five responses all lost also because in two cases I tried to explain to a newbie that they had broken a rule and should have read the guidelines and the rules. I fear that not only did I lose earnings the newbies just laugh at an old lady and go on making ones that get deleted and seem to enjoy it then whimper I did 20 discussions and did not make anything. well I made five responses to these stupid loser discussions and lost earnings on them too. wise up people and read the information first.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have seen a lot of discussions getting deleted lately just because the newbies won't read the faqs and guidelines first before posting. You are right that it is just a big waste of time posting discussions when they are going to get deleted anyway. I do try to avoid those type of discussions, but I will help others whenever necessary, even if it means I will lose some earnings. I let them know that their discussion will be deleted because they violated the rules. Most are very appreciative of the help, and it makes me feel good that they have read what I wrote and are willing to do what is right. We can only hope that everyone feels the same and will not post until they have read the rules first. Good luck to you and happy mylotting.